“Place to be!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marzellweg 15, Vent 6458, Austria   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vent
“Place to be!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is the second year we visit this hotel with some friends. Claudia and marcus are the best hosts ever! The food is amazing and the sauna is great after a day of skiing. You can also drink something in the alm next door. We had a great party there!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked this hotel for my Birthday. Upon arrival, two of my friends headed up to check in. Fifteen seconds late, I followed up to find the front desk clerk screaming at my friends. She was screaming at them that even thought I booked a hotel room with a queen bed and two singles, only two out of four of us are allowed to stay because in Expedia, i put down that two people would be staying.
So I asked, why would you let me book a room with for four to sleep, if only two people can stay in this room. At this point she got very very angry at me and picked up her voice even more. Told me that she gave away this room to a family and that the only way all four of us could stay is if we rented two rooms with queen beds.
Unfortunately my friends did not have the money to pay. Plus this felt like an extortion. However, i started developing a Migraine from all the stress and said OK fine, I'll pay for the second room and the first but be aware that I'm going to leave a review about this. Her reaction was to scream even louder yet and, told me to leave... She appointed us to hostel next door.
I have never experienced such terrible service in my life. She destroyed my 30th birthday. I have a condition, that if you yell at me enough, i developed a Migraine from stress... and this time it was so bad that i vomited 4 times that night. it took me until noon the next day to recover to the point where i can ski.

The strange thing is, I am not angry, I feel pity for this person

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Similaun? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Similaun

Address: Marzellweg 15, Vent 6458, Austria
Location: Austria > Austrian Alps > Tirol > Vent
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vent
Hotel Class:4 star — Similaun 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Similaun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Similaun, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.