“Exceptional” 5 of 5 stars

22420 59159
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 17 Restaurants in Mastichari
Cuisines: International, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Crewe, Cheshire
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'm now keeping a promise that I made some time ago. I've had a bad conscience all that time for not reviewing this restaurant that we walked past every day on our holiday but only visited on the last night. The food was exceptional and how often is it that a fish platter can actually fill you up? Mum Hilary and her daughter Rebecca were welcoming hosts and they were justifiably proud of Tasos and the cooking skills of his family from Kalymnos. Whilst I am sure things can happen in the mean time, I am relieved to see a recent post that fully endorses my feelings but in no way lessens my guilt!

• Visited May 2012

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Brasosca or Tasos the Kalymnion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have just returned from a very relaxing holiday to Mastichari where we visited Bex and Tasos at their very friendly and welcoming restaurant.

This is the only place that we have found that serves stuffed peppers that are filled with meat and rice. We've been looking for three years now only to be told that its usually served as a vegetarian dish. The menu offers a superb range of Greek food that begs to be sampled.

We tried all of the starters (over several visits) and asked for them to be served as a meze that could be divided between the seven of us so we could try them. Tasos was very pleased to do this and readily described the dishes that were served. Beware if you do this! We were so full after we had eaten our beef gouvetsi, beef stifado, souvlaki chicken, stuffed peppers and moussaka that there was no way we could even attempt dessert!

If you appreciate good authentic Greek food that is served in a warm welcoming environment go and visit Tasos the Kalymnion and listen to the hilarious stories they tell, the advice on places to visit but be prepared to leave with a full tummy!

The restaurant is overlooking the harbour so you can watch the boats and ferries quietly arrive and depart to Kalymnos as you enjoy your food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nottingham
“glad we stopped in Mastichari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

what a lovely place is Mastichari, glad we stopped for a browse around, after a nice walk around we decided to stop for an evening meal - the fish was excellent - the view was stunning from the restaurant too
most certainly recommend

• Visited July 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“SIMPLY THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

we first visited Brasosca in 2009 a couple of weeks after they had opened we could not fault it . Every thing about the visit was excellent .the food the service the welcome from the staff. We visited again in 2010 nothing had changed it is still SIMPLY THE BEST.
It was like meeting up with old friends.

• Visited June 2010
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“It was beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

My partner and I went to this restaurant twice when we were in Kos even though we were staying in an all-inclusive resort. I had the fish platter for one, he had a lamb dish that was quite possibly the softest most tender lamb I've ever tried. It was so good he had the same thing the next time we went back. I tried the moussaka- gorgeous :) The staff were friendly, the food was a great price and the alcohol was cheap. It was an excellent meal and I'd recommend anyone holidaying in Kos should try it there!