We just returned from a 4-night stay at Al Mare Villas and had the most wonderful time. If we had to break it down we'd say that our stay was fantastic for three main reasons.
(1) First and foremost is George, the property's manager.
We have stayed in many luxurious hotels all over the world but we have yet to receive this type of attentive and gracious service anywhere. George was simply wonderful and went above and beyond to make sure that our needs were accommodated. From leaving us a welcome basket in the fridge stocked with fruits and a bottle of local wine, to purchasing special soy products for our 2-year old who is lactose intolerant and ensuring that whatever was prepared for him for breakfast did not include any dairy. Every request was fulfilled, no matter how small, and always with a smile.
(2) Second is the property.
The property is relatively remote. About an hour's drive from the airport and removed from the mega-resorts on Kiotari Beach. This ensures peace and quiet and freedom from hoards of tourists. If you don't have a car, this is not the place for you. We stayed in a classic villa that had a small private pool (perfect for our son) with a lovely cabana and unobstructed view of the sea. Our villa was spotless and beautifully kept. The spacious upstairs bathroom had windows overlooking the sea and the equipped kitchen came in quite handy as there is no room service.
(3) The decadent breakfast.
Every morning, a scrumptious breakfast is served on a shaded terrace overlooking the sea. Anything you want will be made for you. Wonderful french toast, pancakes, omelets, cheese platters, cured meats, cereals, lovely fruit salads, you name it. It was a lovely way to start our days especially when George came by to greet the guests and help out with suggestions on planning the day's activities.
When we next return to Rhodes, this is unquestionably where we'll stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Seaside Suites located in Rhodes. A haven of warm elegance, tasteful design and gracious hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Al Mare Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Al Mare Villas Hotel Kiotari
- Al Mare Hotel
- Al Mare Villas Kiotari, Rhodes