This peaceful, modern and ultra clean hotel is situated in a quiet area, but not directly close to the sea. By car this takes 4 – 10 minutes, dependent on which beach you want to visit. The location is particularly attractive for visitors who want to explore cities such as Chania and Rethimno (AKA as Réthymnon, Retimno, Rethymnon and Rhíthymnos!!!; the high variability in spelling geographic names makes it occasionally very difficult to use a GPS route planner on Crete!!), but the most western part of Crete and the Samaria Gorge are also within reach. Not surprisingly the place is, just as everything on this island, surrounded by olive trees. The hotel consists of several small buildings, all separated by well maintained gardens with, again, olive trees but also palm and orange trees. We had a pleasant, spacious room with a kitchenette and a balcony. Unfortunately, and unexpectedly given the status of the hotel, wi-fi was only available in the hotel lobby. The central part of the hotel area is the nice swimming pool, surrounded by a terrace with parasols and bed chairs to make life less demanding. Close to this area was also the restaurant, offering good meals, excellent breakfast and pleasant views of the hotel area, the olive gardens and Cretan mountains. Staff was very adequate and friendly and offered us, as a good-bye gift …..……a tin with Vardis organic extra virgin olive oil! Thank you, olive people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within an organic olive garden of 22000 square meters, offers its guests great moments of peace and nature. Its privileged location between the historic cities of Rethymno (17km) and Chania (43km, international airport), allows visitors to explore the island. Enjoy the longest sandy beach of Crete (1km) and relax by the unique ecosystem of Kournas lake (4km). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Vardis Olive Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vardis Hotel Georgioupolis
- Vardis Olive Garden Crete/Georgioupolis