The surroundings of Bergen and Schoorl are truly beautiful. The breakfast is good. That was the positive part on this hotel.
A very small room and a petite bathroom. Noisy. Bed is a bit shaky but clean. Curtains that do not close properly. Old fashioned TV-set, the room is in desperate need of a redecoration. I also wonder where they got these 4 stars.
We ate a pre-paid three course dinner at their restaurant. It took 30 minutes to be able to order our drinks. A couple of times they served a course different from the menu: only after we asked they replied the item just ran out. I would prefer to be consulted about that beforehand.
During check-out costs were added to the bill -- like the costs of 5 euro per room for checking-in ??? -- that we felt were unjustifed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel offers elegant rooms, an a-la-carte restaurant and a cozy brasserie in the center of the charming village of Bergen. The hotel has a patio and beautiful garden. Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Marijke lies in the center of historical village, only 5 kilometers from the beaches and dunes of the North Sea. Besides that cities like Alkmaar, Amsterdam and Haarlem are also close by. In the morning you can enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet. Or would you like a lunch or a fabulous dinner? Hotel-Restaurant Marijke's brasserie and restaurant offers these and more. And for a drink you can go to the friendly brasserie or convivial bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Marijke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bergen Aan Zee
- Bergen Aan Zee Best Western