On arrival we found the parking of the hotel blocked by a coach (from Danmark). It was the beginning of a lamentable stay, last year. But our experiences should not be unmentioned.
'Marijke' advertises itself as a 4*accommodation, but even in Bergen stars do not just fall from heaven. We had to carry our suitcases up the stars in the absence of an elevator; in the corridor towards the room it was impossible to walk upright as the ceiling was too low. And we are normal length..
The room was noisy, the walls problably of hardboard. The bathroom was small, the shower hardly producing any water. The television set was small as well, with just a few channels to choose from. And the other functions (text, view bill and so on) were not functioning at all.
When we returned in he evening after a (nice) meal in the (nice) village of Bergen we took a drink in the bar. Nice girl to serve the drinks, but she announced at the same time the last round, although it was not that late.
In the morning we were too dejected to try breakfast. Check out was at reception, where the ladies gave the impression that we should be glad to be allowed to stay in this hotel. We were glad to escape as soon as possible and did not go in debate over the fee for the parking that we never could arrive at.
Leaving Bergen we asked ourselves who awarded the four stars to a place that is defititely hardly worth two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel offers elegant rooms, an a-la-carte restaurant and a cozy brasserie in the center of the charming village of Bergen. The hotel has a patio and beautiful garden. Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Marijke lies in the center of historical village, only 5 kilometers from the beaches and dunes of the North Sea. Besides that cities like Alkmaar, Amsterdam and Haarlem are also close by. In the morning you can enjoy an extensive breakfast buffet. Or would you like a lunch or a fabulous dinner? Hotel-Restaurant Marijke's brasserie and restaurant offers these and more. And for a drink you can go to the friendly brasserie or convivial bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Marijke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bergen Aan Zee
- Bergen Aan Zee Best Western