You added Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1999 Country Club Way, Langford, British Columbia V9B 6R3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free & Credit
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Very Helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

When I booked a room I did not realize I would be in the other tower (Fairway building). The gal checking me in asked if I would rather be in the main hotel. I was happy to have this option as I was staying alone and felt more comfortable in the main building although I have not stayed in the other building and can't say if I would of been comfortable. The only downside is that you have to park outside instead underground parking at the fairways building. The staff helped me bring in a big odd shaped present into my room and told me to call them in the morning so that they could help me when I checked out. The room was lovely. The bathroom was so nice to get ready in and the supplies especially the shampoo were as well. The bed was very comfortable and the room did not lack any I needed. The only downside that I found was that late at night I could hear other doors closing and people talking, perhaps loudly, though my closed door. I'll be staying here again when we come back to Victoria.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear nicky-random,

We're so pleased to hear that you will be back to the Westin Bear Mountain next time your travels bring you to Victoria. We're delighted that you found our associates accommodating at check in and that the room you stayed in was comfortable and well equipped. Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor and us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have been staying at this resort and I love everything about it. Easy and friendly and welcoming check in to guidance to building (if it's Fairway building).

Restuarant's quality is pretty nice too and has quality food, although I still believe that they can have something under canopy at the terrace with fireplace and coffee/tea bar to keep having warm beverage while looking at infinitely beautiful scenery in front.

The best part that I enjoy the most is the drive into the resort, it's distractingly gorgeous.

Keep it up and you'll have many repeat customers.

Room Tip: Fairway building has some nice view rooms on STarwood Preferred Customers floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

When we need a place to get away and relax, this is it. It is so incredibly peaceful up here. The hotel decor is very understated rustic West Coast sophisticated with soothing sage green tones and natural stone and wood accents.
We recently booked the cheapest room available and then asked if there might be an upgrade when we checked in. Because the hotel had been full the night before and housekeeping wasn't yet finished with all of the rooms we were told there was nothing else. Honestly, can't figure out what more we would have wanted - beautiful corner room with wraparound windows. Balcony overlooking the resort where we could enjoy the morning sun with our Starbucks coffee (complimentary in room).
The staff always make you feel like you're the most important person in the hotel.

Room Tip: The Fairways Building has secure underground parking. Golf course view means afternoon sun. Resort v...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear travelbugBC2013,

We are always pleased to hear from our repeat guests! And thank you for recognizing our dedicated associates as nothing makes us happier than hearing that our associates make our guests feel so warmly welcomed.

I hope that we have the opportunity to see you next time you are needing some rest and rejuvenation.

kirkland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I carefully made a reservation via spg As I was traveling for business and have a set budget per night, I was delighted that the "birth year" promotional rate could be offered for 2 of the 3 nights. But when I checked out they billed 2 nights at the full rate and only one at the birth year rate. Even after getting SPG Corporate on the line to confirm the intent of the promotion (buy 1 get up to 2 at birth year rate) Lidia at Bear Mountain continued to argue with both of us
Only when she realized that SPG could lose a loyal customer over $105 plus tax, did she relent and issue the credit. But of course, in her confirmation she continued to insinuate that it was a gesture of good will on her part and that I had made the error and not I understood the promotion correctly.
I did confirm with SPG that upcoming reservations at Sheraton and. ST Regis properties clearly state one night full price and up to 2 nights at birth year.

• Stayed April 2014
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear seestar,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear that you felt mislead by our Birth Year promotion. This particular promotion is a popular one at our resort as well as other Starwood Hotels. It is left to each Starwood Hotel and Resort's discretion as to whether they offer the birth year discount on one or two nights. The Westin Bear Mountain has it limited to one night which is clearly noted in our terms and conditions as well as the rate description.

I'm glad to hear you are able to take advantage of this discount on your upcoming trips to the Sheraton and St. Regis and we hope you have an enjoyable trip with them.

Be well,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I am not a golfer but I wish I was in order to enjoy more often this sumptuous place that is set in such a beautiful area. The hotel is luxurious and comfortable but in a discreet and pleasant manner. The rooms are well set and service is courteous and prompt. One of the nicest place to stay in Vancouver Island.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountain.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Oliver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the resort for a romantic getaway, it was a terrific choice. The top floor corner suite was well appointed and spacious, the king bed was comfy and the perfect place to snuggle for a movie. The view from the balcony was terrific.

We went to Jack's Place accross the parking lot and found great service, good drinks and the best wings!! Try the mango bbq ones.

Will definitely be going back to Bear Mountain again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear BJN2009,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Bear Mountain for your special getaway. I'm pleased to read that the Corner One Bedroom Suites was the perfect choice for this time together. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We booked a suite at this hotel based upon previous reviews and wanted to stay on outskirts of Victoria .It was a memorable experience !
The first impression was positive when I requested front desk if we can be moved from existing suite facing the entrance side to the fairway view ( which is stunning ) . They were prompt to do so ! Rooms are spacious , immaculate and have all facilities if you are walking in with a family of 3 or more ( provided you have booked the required room size ) . Club house has a nice swimming pool and gym . They have nice restaurants which serve decent food !
We travelled in off season so we enjoyed the peace ..I am sure it would be bustling and noisy when they have tournaments and holiday season , so plan your trip accordingly .

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing Fairway . Choose breakfast packages !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Makkansutra,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your One Bedroom Suite overlooking the golf course as well as our associates and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Be well,
Revenue Manager

Been to Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!