“A little Stay-cation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa

You added Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1999 Country Club Way, Langford, British Columbia V9B 6R3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langford
“A little Stay-cation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I spent the night at this very nice hotel last evening and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Even though we live in Victoria going to Bear Mountain feels like your are in another city all together and it's only 20 min's away. I have played golf a few times at both courses over the years which I would highly recommend but this time it was a nice spa day for both of us at Sante Spa (thanks much ladies), which included a very much needed massage for some bad back issues, as well as a night at the hotel in a full suite over looking the golf course. The room itself was perfect, very clean and all the amenities one would need short or long term stay, lots of hot water with great water pressure, and a wonderful shower and separate tub. We also enjoyed a nice meal in the hotel restaurant and then a drink in the lounge after. Very nice indeed was hard too leave this morning, hopefully will come back again soon.

Room Tip: A view of the golf course is the only way to go!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is by far one of my favorite Westin Properties! This property is off the beaten path and a treasure. We stayed for 4 days and this was one our most memorable vacations. The staff was very friendly and assisted us with recommendations for hiking adventures. We had a rental so being outside of Victoria was not a problem. The surrounding community is beautiful and there are great places to eat, shop, and explore! I took our daughter on daily walks around the community enjoying the beauty. We cannot wait to plan our next trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear garnetkw99,

We appreciate your kind words about our resort and the honour of being one of your favourite Westin properties. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Until then, be well!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Decided to give myself a birthday present..a 1 night stay at the Westin. Made a reservation over the phone and got the BCAA rate and a pet-friendly room. Upon checkin, was greeted by the valet person who directed me to the reservation desk and I was checked in promptly and courteously. Underground self parking had me a little confused..it wasnt clear how to open the gate to get in. Would be nice if the key entry was closer to the actual gate with a large sign to see it better. Your key card is used to get into the building as well...a nice security feature. I was in the Fairways building next to the fitness/pool building. When I entered the room,which was ground floor, my jaw dropped. I couldnt believe how beautiful this room was!! It was more like a condo, but with no washer/dryer. A person could live in it. Full kitchen, huge bathroom with soaker tub, huge stand-up shower, huge bedroom/sitting area..the place was amazing! The electric fireplace wasnt very good...couldnt see any " flames" just red and no heat from it. Huge patio outback with a view of trees/nature. The Westin provided a plush dog bed, dishes and poop bags for my pup. She loved it too!! She couldnt stop doing laps around the place. It was very clean, the stove could have been polished up more, and obvious dust could be seen on the stove-top and baseboards and window sills but overall was very clean with no doggy smells from previous canine guests. Flat screen TV was awesome, furnishings and decorating were perfect. I took home some good ideas. Upon checkout, I asked if they had up-graded me to this fabulous room. Indeed they had! I was blown away at how thoughtful that was, they knew it was my special day. Im a local girl, so it was nice to escape to the top of a mountain where it is soo peaceful. Theres not much to do at the top,theres a gym/pool/ coffee shop/restaurnats and of course golf, but its super quiet and a good restful place. Thankyou Westin!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Anywhere, Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We love going up to 'The Mountain'. Enjoying the pizza and wine cellar on fridays is a must. The service is warm and fun. the food is good and wine fantastic.

We enjoyed out corner room overlooking the pool and north east up a valley full of trees and greens. The kitchen was huge and the suite we had even had 2 bathrooms!

Nice public spaces to relax in and enjoy. The walking around the resort is fantastic and the spa is just superb! Well equipped.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night, while our daughter was having her baby at Victoria General.We were in the annexe building, so it was quiet.We had a late night snack at the Master's club which was excellent,and the atmosphere cozy.The bed was very comfortable,so we actually slept in, which we seldom do.Breakfast was awesome.All in all, it was good value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
WestinBearMountain, Manager at Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear ThomasW,

Congratulations on your new grandchild! And thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort and Spa. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the Heavenly Beds to be very restful.

We hope to welcome you back on all future visits to see your daughter and grandchild.

Be well,
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

From the moment I walked into my room to the moment I left everything was perfect.
Attentive staff, wonderful catering services for a true dining experience
Spa was closed for staff training in the morning so I unfortunately did not have a chance to try a treatment

Room Tip: Call hotel direct to book your room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Eisus I,

We're so pleased that you found your stay to be perfect from start to finish. We hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again to try Sante Spa; their treatments are not to be missed!

Until then, be well!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We have visited the Sante Spa at Bear mountain several times over the past couple of years. The spa offers a wonderful relaxing experience and the staff are skilled at the treatments they offer. I have never felt rushed or unpampered. Our stay at the hotel was by contrast very disappointing and I have written to the general manager with our comments about the lack of helpful service and unwelcoming atmosphere. If you decide to stay at the hotel request a room in the main building or you may end up, as we did, in the annexe building. Whilst the suites are large, they offer little in the way of character and the hotel does not provide many services. There are in fact none in the annex.

Room Tip: If you are using the spa ask for a room in the same building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Liza M,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your review. I understand from our general manager that you have discussed the situation that occurred and that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back next month for a stay in our Clubhouse Building.

We hope your stay is a pleasant one.

Be well,
Revenue Manager

Been to Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!