“Watch out for the yahoos” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway

You added Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   829 McCallum Road, Langford, British Columbia V9B 6W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Port Alberni, Canada
“Watch out for the yahoos”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

The room was fine and a good price, but we had the misfortune of being placed one story above the entrance for the pub on a Saturday night. All the smokers hang out by the door, so we heard all the yelling and music you would expect from an ever changing crowd of young people hanging outside a pub on a Saturday night. A call to the front desk did not quiet things down, so I called back and asked if they had rooms on the other side of the hotel. Within five minutes the front desk had brought up a key for a room on the other side,and just a few doors away. Much better, but I can't believe that they didn't think of this when they built this place. Good service, but a lousy hotel design.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
vancouver island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

My husband recently had to stay in Victoria for a 5 day workshop and I joined him for one night for a workshop as well. We stayed at this hotel last November as well and really enjoyed it and so booked it again for the 6 nights. Again, we were very pleased with the hotel. We used the upgrade certificate found on Trip Advisor and they upgraded my husband to a beautiful corner suite. The heater rattled in this room and they couldn't seem to repair it, so they upgraded him to a beautiful suite on the 4th floor. Great customer service, Enjoyed the restaurant as well, great breakfasts.

We really enjoyed this hotel again and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

I stayed a few nights with my family (young kids). This hotel is away from the downtown core - but it has ease of parking with the kids. The kids enjoyed the pool facilities and having the kitchenette options in the room was really helpful. Actually, the pub downstairs has really good food with decent breakfast option. When it was not raining, the great outdoor lounge was fantastic!! There are actually good restaurant options adjacent to the hotel for family - Nando's, milestones, A&W, subway - so no issue for food. The hotel is next to Costco which can both be a positive or a negative!! Service was great but i thought the carpet could do with some improvement considering how new the hotel is. My definite first choice with the family when going to Victoria!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Peachland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

The Sheraton on McCallum Rd. was a great stay, away from the downtown core, yet convenient for meals, a meeting after work at their pub and a quick and easy run into town. When it was time to head back to the Okanagan, I appreciated having my vehicle where access to it was easy and the highway was close-by as well. I'll say that again, because I go to the island with my work vehicle, this hotel is great!

My room had a jaccuzi tub, large flat scree TV in both the living room and also in the bedroom. I like to fall asleep listening to the TV when I'm out of town. Nice to have really good TV's!

There was a computer desk with a phone on it, free internet, a decent office chair too. These nice ammenities made the business I had to do a lot easier and convenient. I had a business associate come up to the room for a moment, very impressive for clients, it's very classy. Nice to have a real office chair, on casters.

I was only there one night this time, last time I stayed for two. I'll stay for two nights again next time and really enjoy the pub which is right in the building, and I'll bring my wife as she was kind of jealous about the ammenities.

My room had a nice quite view of local mountains and a far reaching vista of the island, which was much nicer than being crowded in downtown. I was on the 4th floor.

One feature I have mentioned already and really like at the McCallum Road location is the parking. I have a full-size crewcab pickup truck, with a canopy. Lots of the downtown hotels have next to nothing for parking and what's there is underground or seems to have a lot of questionable characters in the area. No questionable people anywhere about here, it's out of the city, just far enough. I felt quite secure about my vehicle at this location, on both visits, and parked it in the well lit open parking lot, directly off the main entrance. I really like it when my vehicle is secure, I don't need headaches on a business trip!

I would use a GPS to find McCallum if it's dark and rainy, as it's a short little road, off the island highway, but it's a nice quiet corner in a busy world and worth the extra 10 minutes from town to get to.

Oh, I ate in the pub, the sirloin burger is awesome! Just make sure that you are hungry, it's a big meal! :) Last time I had breakfast in the pub! It was great bacon and eggs. I've stayed at lots of the chain hotels, this one stood out quite a bit. I'd sum up my two visits with the words "quiet and classy".

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I visited this hotel on a business trip and it is very nice. The value for price paid was what I was looking for and they have a great restuarant also. Would recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Nanaimo. B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Room was great,clean,bed very comfortable,staff very helpful and courteous.lots of shopping nearby. Pool and gym awesome.My daughter loved the free wi-fi. Will return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Campbell River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

The service, location, decor, & luxurious comfort was just what we needed for our reason for travel. We had to be at the hospital early in the morning so it was perfect to get up & be there within a few minutes. The design of the room allowed us to keep an eye on my toddler & still enjoy the luxury!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway? Share your experiences!