“Not a SUITE !! Beware of gross room 219.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway

You added Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   829 McCallum Road, Langford, British Columbia V9B 6W6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Langford
Washington
“Not a SUITE !! Beware of gross room 219.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Booked “King Suite” for $200 per night with a non-refundable deposit and got an “OPEN CONCEPT” suite which was not a suite, just slightly larger than a hotel room, no couch, only one chair. Damaged room, miserable tiny shower stall. Drank from paper coffee cups and plastic cups with kitchenette. The view from the toilet was disgusting, scratched walls by the bed, paint scraped off the brown patio door (see pictures posted). View of the back of Costco from the front side of the hotel. Air-conditioning units run non-stop. I had to scale this down from 565 words and none of them were positive.

Room Tip: Beware of room 219, king bed suite with kitchenette, these are "open concept" suites and a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Toronto, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have waited to post a review to see if the management at the hotel or Sheraton corporate would try to make amends for the deplorable service I received. I could go on and on but the kicker was when I returned back to my room on the last night of a 5 night stay, my key did not work so I went to the front desk and it was re-issued, I entered the room and someones else things were there. I returned to the front desk in shock. My things had been put in a clear plastic bag in the lost and found - my passport, my shaving kit, my laptop ,all my belongings. The manager asked what kind of beer I drank and when I returned to my new room there was beer and popcorn. Considering that I had to be up at 5 and off to the airport it was all left untouched. Nice gesture but seriously. My razor was missing along with some other items. None of which they seemed to care less about. I had nothing but issues ranging from billing to twice being locked out of my room. I contacted corporate with a detailed explanation of the problem and never heard anything. A manager did call me and asked me what they could do to make it right - 30 dollars off the price of the room hardly compensates for the headaches I experienced at this hotel.
Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere where they appreciate your business and treat you like a human being.
This is the end of all Sheraton stays for me. Hiltons at least appreciate the customer and treat you with respect.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear zeketheportie,

We greatly appreciate all feedback about our hotel be it is positive or negative. We do strive to make each guest experience an exceptional one and pride ourselves on our customer care.
With regards to your case, we apologized for the error that occurred during your stay. On several occasions we explained that there were no billing issues; you made 3 room bookings on 2 credit cards for only 1 stay which we billed according to the instructions provided.

Upon check in, you were kindly informed that you will be moving rooms according to the different room categories booked and the front desk agent reiterated the billing instructions which you confirmed. The check-out date was also handwritten on the key packet that was given to you.

With regards to your personal items, there was no laptop, razor, passport or any belongings visible during the housekeeping service. The housekeeper found one bag in the closet that was later placed safely in our lost and found, as we always handle our guests' items with utmost care.

We apologized and as a good gesture, placed your preferred beer in the room with a $30 discount to your night stay. Yet you reached out to the management requesting your 6 night stay to be completely free. The management evaluated the matter and as goodwill, waived off a one night stay and promised a great experience on your next visit. Yet you still demand your 6 night stay to be completely free. It is important to note that we take pride in doing all we can to exceed our guests expectations within reason. Looking at all your reviews in 2014 says enough about this situation.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

As frequent travelers, we are accostomed to challenges of staying in hotels. However, our experience with this property exceeded all our expectations. It is a conveniently located hotel in a nice neighborhood with an easy access to downtown Victoria. We had a lovely room and our stay was made comfortable by excellent service and graciousness of staff. During the four days in this hotel, we had a chance to interact with front office personnel, dine in their restaurant, make periodic request of housekeeping staff and even senior management. We were pleasantly surprised by their professionalism, responsiveness, friendly and "can do" attitude and willingness to go extra mile to make our stay most comfortable and enjoyable. It was a wonderful stay and we would highly recommend this property to anyone.

Room Tip: Fabulous property in a lovely neighborhood with close proximity to downtown Victoria, BC. A room wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank You Suren for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and the service to your liking. We hope to see you again your next trip to Victoria.
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Several of my colleagues and i stayed here 2 nights on business. We found the property to be clean and in great condition. The staff were friendly and efficient, as expected from any SPG property. The attached bar/grill had great service and decent food. The pool/hot tub was a nice getaway after each day, as our business purpose was fairly labour intensive. We'll defiantly consider this property again should we be in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Thank you Andrew for your review of the hotel on Trip advisor. We appreciate your nice comments and are pleased you found our amenities to your liking. We hope to see you again in the future! Thanks again.
Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Room was great and had a jacuzzi tub! I was skeptical of the quality cause it's right next to a Costco. However, this hotel has a lot of things going for it. View was very nice for the location - great view of the horizon, and while we couldn't see the sunset or rise there it was a great place to witness the natural beauty of the area. Hotel staff was nice and courteous and their spa (pool, sauna, jacuzzi) was small, but exactly what we needed. It sounds like the hotel may have made a couple of upgrades since the last couple reviews, they had a flat screen in our room (King Bed Room) and the room had a very modern look and feel to it. The bar staff at the Inferno were nice, however we weren't able to eat there cause they stop serving food at 11. The only problem is we're late risers.. so that means we're late eaters, not a lot of options for people looking for food after 9pm, a lot of grocery stores are also closed... however that's not the hotel's fault

Room Tip: Room 406 was great! King size bed, top floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank You Harmony for your nice review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in 2014. Thanks again!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is a hotel that is designed for men as evidenced by the fact that the only mirror in the room was situated above the height of most women. There was no full length mirror. You would only stay here if you needed to be located in Langford outside Victoria for some reason. I would seriously weigh whether the convenience is worth it as the rooms don't invite you to do much more than sleep in them. Mind you my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant is rather dreary as it's decorated in dark colours and a challenge to find in the bowels of the basement (that looked like it was filled with discarded furniture and artificial plants). Breakfast left a lot to be desired so if you have time and a vehicle you'd be better to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on a higher floor and was glad I did as you can gaze right into the rooms on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lawrence B, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank You Bollucks for your review on Trip Advisor
We are happy you found the room to be clean and our beds comfortable. From your review we see you did not have the best experience in our restaurant. We address all less than positive feedback so we may rectify any issues any of our guests experience at the property.
We hope you give us another try your future visit to the city.
Vancouver, British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Lots of potential for a reasonably priced, family style hotel. That said, it missed the mark. The front desk was disorganized & poorly staffed. The room wasn't clean & had maintenance issues. Housekeeping staff could barely cope. Not to mention, our room was still not made up as of 5pm daily. This is not the Sheraton I know. Not sure if its the management or they just rely on the areas beauty to get them by. Either, we will likely go elsewhere next time. Overall, disappointed.

Stayed June 2014
Hi Kevin K
We appreciate all feed back about the hotel whether it be positive or negative, we are sorry your stay with us was not satisfactory. We have addressed your overall poor experience with our staff and work to ensure all of our guests enjoy a good experience at the hotel. We you stay with us again, we would like the opportunity to make a good impression your future stays.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway? Share your experiences!