This was a wonderfully relaxing, family-run, peaceful little hideaway, far from the tourist track of constant nightlife and thrill-seekers. This was a perfect place to put your feet up and let others wait on you. I loved easily accessible spa which was certainly affordable for a daily treatment. I did book once for a massage but when I arrived, my appointment had been taken by someone else. I wasn't unduly put out about it, as I was sunburnt and the therapist suggested I re-book. All excursions and travel arrangements were laid on by the hotel and my favourite was a picnic on a sandbank in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Hotel staff packed us a special gluten-free picnic and we were given the choice of champagne or beer. They sailed us out to the sandbank to do some snorkeling and then laid out a lovely spread for us, sailed off and collected us a few hours later. This was magical. We enjoyed an Africa under the stars dinner on the beach one evening, and a family dinner to say goodbye to the owners who were travelling to Germany for a vacation. The owner prides herself on taking a personal hand with the menu and we were never disappointed. The only negative is that our room was right next to a building site and we were often woken with noise. We tried to take an afternoon nap once and gave up. This was unfortunate as we had escaped our home in Muscat that was, at that time, surrounded by 4 building sites! We had not been able to have a good lie-in for months and was looking forward to some peace and quiet. The beach, too, is a little disappointing. It is fairly rocky and you needed to wear those rock-climbing shoes. But it was lovely for a get-away, no noisy children and a very friendly and welcoming staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu