This is a feast to the eye and all your senses. A week after my holiday the image captured from the veranda of Kilimanjaro II was still lingering before my eyes...
We arrived late and were welcomed by the reception manager Vera. She gave us quick tips, pre-paid mobile phones to keep in touch with her, with the hotel driver and with each other. My friends checked in the Honeymoon bungaloo and I had Kilimanjaro II.
Spacious, airy, exquisite, arranged with a lot of style and personal touch. Just check out the photo gallery on Hakuna Matata's website - it's just the same!
Staff were absolutely professional and outstanding in terms of friendliness and flair to make you feel good. The restaurant and the food - exceptional. The breakfast is plentiful, there is a daily menu for lunch and dinner and hours are fixed.
The garden is lush and beautiful, there is a small swimming pool and many secret corners to admire the view and relax. The beach isn't big but I happened to be all by myslelf in early mornings. The water was perfect for swimming. Sunset was captivating.
There is an excursion desk where you can select a number of trips or activities and they are also in charge of private transfers to Stonetown or airport.
Vera was available 24 hours a day and she turned up immediately when I called her after midnight to say I had an emergency in the bathroom and hot water came flodding in the bungalow. She and Herry resolved the issue temporarily and moved me to another bungalow the next day.
There was WIFI in the area but the coverage was not very good and there was surcharge for it. On the other hand we were allowed to check out at 5 p.m. free of charge.
We spent three days at Hakuna Matata, it brought happiness from inside and outside and staying longer would have been equal to staying in heaven...
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, EasyToBook and Venere so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.