I can now mark Zanzibar and Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge off my Bucket List. How did it get on my Bucket List? Years ago my daughter and her husband visited Zanzibar for a week and stayed at the Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge and just raved about it. I never gave it seriously thought, thinking it was too far...but it seemed something was drawing me here..I kept hearing the Lion King’s words in my head “Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase / Hakuna Matata, ain't no passing craze / It means no worries for the rest of your days / It's our problem free philosophy” Then there was Billy Joel’s song about “Zanzibar” So for our 40th anniversary our children surprised us with a trip to Zanzibar, and of course where else, we stayed at the Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge. Hello paradise…why did I wait so long? Rose and Fritz the owners laid out the Welcome mat the minute we walked in the Lobby. The Hotel was perfect in every way and our room with a view was over the top. One of my favorite activities was the outdoor Cinema in the ruins, it was so romantic. The Hotel staff was so helpful in arranging tours and suggesting activates and helpful hints on the best buys.
The food was a little strange but interesting, and the Island lives up to its name “Spice Island” for everything was spicy! All in all we had a lovely time stayed within our budget; the only negative is we could have stayed longer. I would recommend this trip and this Hotel in particular to all my friends
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.