Every year my family and I pick a different and exotic place to go for a family vacation. Last year we went to Costa Rica, and this year we went to Zanzibar. The Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge and Spa was a very neat place to stay. The beach directly in front of the hotel is ok, but being from Florida beaches are a common thing, so it didn't exactly catch my attention... However, there was a gorgeous beach about five minutes away, in front of the hotel's beach house. We had a good amount of fun there, and my little cousins especially enjoyed building their sand castles and playing in the water. The little bungalows we stayed in were cute, my grandparents stayed in the one called Kilimanjaro, and it was very comfortable. They were nicer than the ones we stayed in when we went to Costa Rica by far. The customer service was top of the line, and even with a family as annoying and large as ours, none of the employees ever seemed to get irritated, they just smiled and helped us in any way they could. Overall the experience was one to cherish, and I'd recommend this for anyone seeking adventure, cultural differences, and a comfortable getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu