My husband and I recently got back from our East African honeymoon adventure, and the Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge was one of the best things about our excursion. We stayed at this lodge for 7 days and 6 nights and enjoyed every moment.
Our luxury bungalow was spacious and featured a huge king bed, beautiful décor including breathtaking artwork and artifacts, a spacious modern bathroom, and breathtaking views from our terrace. We were at peace each morning when we awoke and went out on the terrace to have coffee while enjoying the extraordinary view of the Indian Ocean.
We really enjoyed dining at the lodge’s restaurant, Roses Kitchen. The food was exquisite, and they took pride in providing us with the freshest in seafood right from the Indian ocean. Although we weren’t too thrilled with some of the Zanzibar cuisine, they had a wide variety of choices. A few nights, we enjoyed our dinner by candlelight right on the beach – it was very romantic.
Their Beach n Drums event is a must see, featuring a bonfire on the beach, the sound of African Drums, and delicious barbecue in the night sky. And the spa – this may have been one of my personal favorite highlights of our trip while at the Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge. I received the Aroma Therapy massage at their Chuini Spa, and felt so refreshed afterwards, almost like a new person. The staff was very helpful and professional, and made our stay as comfortable as possible.
Our overall experience was fantastic, and we can’t wait to return. My husband and I are already planning another trip to East Africa, and guess where we’ll be staying again?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu