So maybe the accomodation wasn't on par with something you'd find in Europe or North America, but it didn't take anything away from the trip. It was simple and comortable and more than served its purpose. It was a great place to relax and forget about the hassles of everyday life and how Western culture so fixated on appearances.The atmosphere more than made up for the rustic accomodation. I really felt as though I had stepped into a completely different world. I experienced some of the most breathtaking sunsets that I have ever seen. The staff were laid back and friendly. The food was also really amazing. I was aprehensive about some of the exotic food but the staff were reall patient and helped me to choose something that I was sure to like.The prices were more than fair. I really feel as though I got my money's worth. I would definately recommend this place to others. I hope to come back again myself.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married - under palm trees, on the beach or historical palace ruins? Here your dreams will come true.In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Islands, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz and Olivia and Simon from South Africa. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less