We stayed at Hakuna Matata for three days, flying in from JRO after a safari. Arrival was a smooth process (we opted for the airport pick-up), and a welcoming refreshment was a nice touch during the registration process.
Overall - everything about Hakuna Matata was excellent. The rooms (small bungalows) are nice, but with a beautiful beach and all the other attractions of Zanzibar, you won't spend much time in your room. Only issue I had was trying to figure out the air-conditioning controls. The staff and management were all quite friendly and welcoming - and I particularly liked how they had organized a beach dinner (with live music) on one of the nights.
The beach was great and the water warm (February): we liked how the HM part of the beach was nicely maintained, and low tide was a great opportunity to explore, chase crabs, and walk down the beach.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.