We started our 4 weeks of Tanzania with a few days at the Hakuna Matata lodge to lose the stress of work a bit. We arrived very late and were picked up from the airport and arrived in a nice and comfortable room. The beach looks very nice, but isn't a very good swimming spot (we knew this and don't care too much about swimming). The pool is good and clean and the grounds in general are a beautiful surrounding. There are several cosy, exotic spots where you can retreat to read or just sit and look around. The staff was friendly and the food was good.
The lodge is situated at about 2km from the main road. This road is quite bad and it takes about 20 minutes walking through Bububu to the main road. There, you can easily hop on a local bus to Stone Town (which can be crowded). This is all safe during daytime. Taxis will take you back from Stone Town to the lodge. So while Hakuna Matata is a good basecamp for visiting Stone Town, it will either be through the hotels tour operator (rather expensive) or involve some walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Located on the west coast of the exotic island Zanzibar under shady age-old mango trees, bordered by a secret private bay you will find our 4 star hotel Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa. Our beach hotel offers 13 comfortable bungalows - all with a spectacular view to of Indian Ocean. The new Villa Zanzibar is the highlight of all bungalows. Weddings and honeymoons - are you are looking for a romantic place to get married under palm trees, on the beach or next to historical palace ruins? Here, your dreams will come true. In our unique Day Spa you may revitalize your body and soul. Enjoy the breathtaking African sunsets. Let your eyes wander to the south, see the skyline of Stone Town, the small Chapwani and Prison Island, and just ahead the silhouette of the African continent. You will feel enchanted. The hotel is managed by the German owners Rose and Fritz. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Odigeo so you can book your Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hakuna Matata Beach Hotel Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Bububu
- Hakuna Matata Beach Lodge & Spa Zanzibar/Bububu