We just returned from our 5th visit to Eagle Nook and had such a great experience that I decided that I needed to write a review. Both this year & last year our visit began with sitings of gray whales and humpbacks on our skiff ride to the lodge. Last year 3 grays surrounded our boat & the driver was very cool with staying as long as we liked to watch them; they were 10 feet away! It was late July & we fished for 2 days & caught our limit of King & Coho. Barkley Sound was full of humpbacks, which was a thrill to watch. This year we hit the jackpot. We brought another couple & the fellows rode out to the south shole & limited in King, Coho & Halibut (though the halibut was small), and we saw a humpback & her calf breach not even 100 years from our skiff - check out my photo! My girlfriend & I hiked the trails that were filled with moss-covered trees & patrolled by eagles, and Eagle Nook provided the bear spray, which we, thankfully, didn't need! We hiked to a pristine beach where anyone could feel comfortable sun bathing - nude or not. Afterwards we treated ourselves to massages & facials...it just doesn't get any better! They also offered kyaking & paddle boarding, but we were feeling a bit too lazy...& preferred to enjoy the Canadian beer & a little R & R instead. There is wi-fi, movies & games, including a pool table, but I recommend disconnecting instead; sit back & let Eagle Nook take care of you.
Dinner is always superb, and the outside fire-pit & hot tub are ready to go. And, if you want, the chef will prepare the salmon you caught for dinner that very same day! This is a great lodge for fishing, but the real insider's secret is that it is romantic, rustic and a fantastic get-away for couples too. We have travelled to Eagle Nook 3 ways; you can fly in (expensive), take the ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo & drive (2 hrs?), or drive up from Victoria (4 to 5 hours w/stops).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eagle Nook is an impressive resort on the shores of the West Coast of Vancouver Island. You'll find a cozy atmosphere with double room accommodations, all with bathrooms en suite. With 23 guest rooms, all with water view, a dining room with vaulted ceilings overlooking Vernon Bay, media room and patios overlooking both Vernon and Jane Bays, Eagle Nook Resort is one of the most impressive resorts on the West Coast. After a day of adventure, enjoy a relaxing massage, unwind in the Jacuzzi, or just relax and watch the sun go down while sitting on one of our patios. The ocean view dining room and lounge are the gathering points where adventure stories can be shared at the end of a great day in the outdoors. With its splendid wilderness location, luxurious feeling, and numerous indoor and outdoor activities, a room at Eagle Nook Resort is the perfect home base for an unforgettable vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Eagle Nook Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Nook Hotel Barkley Sound
- Eagle Nook Resort And Spa
- Eagle Nook Ocean Wilderness Hotel
- Eagle Nook Resort & Spa Vancouver Island/Barkley Sound, Canada