The 20th of September we arrived very late in the evening at Lakaz Chamarel, due to a delay of 17 hours (flight from Paris). Finally we arrived at the entrance gate, it was difficult for the cab driver to find the main building, because the roads were dark. But suddenly there appeared 3 golf cars who brought us and our luggage to our lodge. Alexandre gave us a very warm welcome and from the moment we entered the room there was a very relaxing atmosphere. He explained everything about the facilities in the very beautiful room. The staff even prepared a salad for us (served in our room), nothing was to much. The outdoor shower was great with a marvellous view, it felt like heaven to see the stars when you took a shower. The water was warm enough and bathrobes were also available in the room.
When we wake up the next morning we saw all the beauty of nature in this large domain. We were upgraded to a suite (Tambalacoque) with a private pool, that was great.
All the staff members were very friendly and greeted us personally for breakfast. Breakfast was very good with homemade products and the typical birds were also present. (bul bul)
Alexandre welcomed us again and gave good tips for very beautiful walks in the surroundings. We really enjoyed the beautiful nature, relaxing atmosphere and excellent service.
Dinner was also very good (you can choose between 2 different menus). We really liked the guave soup as dessert.
Before departure we visited the waterfalls and coloured earth. Warren arranged the taxi trip.
We only stayed for 2 nights, but even after that short time it was difficult to leave.
Conclusion: very nice managed ecological lodges with stunning grounds. Alexandre, if we can give you one tip to improve the ecological concept: why not use glass bottles instead of plastic ones? (at dinner time)
Our short stay is already 2 months ago, but we have such nice memories of the place, we think every day about our unforgettable stay in Mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakaz Chamarel Exclusive Lodge is a small „boutique lodge‟, managed like a Guesthouse but with the full service of a 5* hotel! Unique and refined in the heart of a splendid tropical garden of twelve hectares, surrounded by the mountains of Chamarel, Lakaz Chamarel is a pearl among the top hotels of the destination which guarantees exclusivity and serenity to nature and green tourism lovers in a warmt and harmonious decor, and with a refined local cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lakaz Chamarel Exclusive Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakaz Chamarel Hotel Chamarel
- Lakaz Hotel Chamarel
- Lakaz Chamarel Exclusive Lodge Mauritius