“Great experience for beginners and experienced riders alike” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Annamoe
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Great experience for beginners and experienced riders alike”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

As was said before, this was the highlight of our 3 day trip to Wicklow County as well. My girlfriend, who is an experienced rider, and me having sat on horseback only 2 times before, were equally amazed.
The scenery is just beautiful, the guide Liam helpful and very friendly. But most of all, the horses are extremely well-trained and neat, just sweet animals and very reassuring.
We would recommend booking a 2 hour trek, as 1 hour is over much too soon.

Tino & Katharina from Karlsruhe, Germany

Visited September 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I can't recommend this place highly enough. It’s an absolute hidden gem. The estate is gorgeous and very expansive. We trekked through woods, along and through rivers, open fields. The variation along the way is incredible.
Our guide was brilliant, very friendly and chatty and always there with a helpful suggestion or tip.
And of course the stars of the show, the horses. They are very clearly loved by the staff and it shows! Their stable conditions are better than most peoples houses and they are kept in immaculate condition. They have a nice variation of horses and seem wonderfully suited to all levels of rider.
I can’t recommend highly enough. I’ve only been once so far, but I will be back many more times.

BÁC
“Great trekking experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My boyfriend got me a voucher for a one hour trek at Glendalough House for my birthday. The place itself is beautiful. The grounds are huge and very scenic. The horses were well kept and cared for and are quiet and obedient. The trek itself was great and went off road through woods, fields and by a river. The instructor was very friendly and enthusiastic and checked up on everyone regularly. I don't have much experience at horse riding and have not ridden for several years but this was not a problem. We were given time at the beginning to go through the basics and get used to the horses. We even got an extra half hour free as it was the last trek of the day and the instructor was happy to take us out for a little longer. Highly recommend this place for location and facilities.

Visited September 2012
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
“Best kept secret in Wicklow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The pony trekking at Glandalough House was the highlight of our holiday in Wicklow. Liam and Leah couldn't have been more welcoming and quickly put a nervous 8 year old and an equally nervous 38 year old at ease! Neither of us has ever been on a horse before but we will definitely be back. A thoroughly enjoyable trip and just wish we had booked a longer slot. 2 placid and contented ponies who are obviously well looked after and enjoy what they do. We will definitely be back.

Cork
“First time horse trekking but not the last!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We recently came back from a trip to Glendalough equestrian after decided for the first time to go horse trekking. This was my first time on a horse and I was a little unsure at the start but both Liam and my well trained (and patient :) horse soon put my mind at ease. The grounds and location are amazing as we slowly trekked through the fields and land of the estate. Liam's a great instructor, really attentive and tries to give you all the right advise when on the horse and handling the reigns.
Even after an hour I was already getting well used to it and learning fast. He also didn't rush in any way we just went at our own pace without looking at the clock. I couldn't recommend more going to Glendalough Equestrian. This definitely won't be the last time we go. The only thing I would suggest is to signpost it a bit more though from the road :) You'd easily drive past it without knowing.