My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Pacific Resort Rarotonga for our honeymoon. I can only describe our experience as heavenly. We have both travelled extensively but this was our first trip to Rarotonga.
What a fantastic resort in a beautiful location. The photos on the resorts website do not do the place justice. The lagoon is incredible, crystal clear water, golden sand, topical fish and safe swimming. All the staff at the resort were incredibly friendly and helpful. Actually everyone on the island was very friendly.
The reception area is lovely. Like most other guests we hardly went near the pool, but it a nice change from the beach and food and drinks are only a phone call away. The lush tropical gardens are well kept and lovely. We stayed in a 2 bedroom garden unit, which to be honest was a bit dated and could do with a re-fresh, however it was clean, tidy and had everything we needed. The complimentary breakfast buffet has everything you could want and the restaurant area itself is a lovely setting. The beach dining and bar area were fantastic.
We spent a fair amount of time lying on the comfortable beach sun loungers reading and sunbathing. From these we could order food and drink…what more could you want. The beach hut boys were very helpful and the free kayaks and snorkelling equipment an extra bonus. From the resort it is very easy to explore the small islands in the lagoon.
We hired a motorbike to get round the island but whenever we left the resort (which wasn’t very often) I just wanted to go back! The Island night is great fun and if you’re after a cheaper meal one night try Trader Jacks in town or as we did one night, get fish and chips and watch the sunset from the beach just up the road from the resort.
There are plenty of activities at the resort…my favourite was drinking cocktails….lots and lots of cocktails!
Anyone who finds anything negative to say about this place is probably the sort of person who complains about everything in life!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Authentic Boutique….Rarotonga’s leading full-service authentic boutique resort is nestled discreetly in one of the world’s most spellbinding spots. Stretching one kilometre along the south-eastern coast of Rarotonga, Muri beach is laden with glorious white sand, fringed by palm trees and lapped by the gentle waters of a shallow, safe lagoon. This boutique resort offers a perfect blend of modern comforts and traditional island hospitality. A place where simple, lazy days meet luxurious evenings. And where the friendly, gracious staff meet your every request. Dining at the resort is a fine experience. Be tempted by succulent fresh seafood, Pacific and international dishes, or be summoned by beating drums to an authentic Cook Islands feast.No matter how you choose to fill your days and nights at this breathtakingly beautiful place that is Pacific Resort Rarotonga, one thing is certain. You’ll leave feeling rested, restored and renewed. And above all, determined to return. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pacific Resort Rarotonga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Hotel Muri
- Pacific Hotel Rarotonga
- Pacific Hotel Muri
- Pacific Resort Rarotonga Muri, Cook Islands