This was our second visit to Te Manava thanks to a special deal via Air New Zealand Holidays for the beginning of the rainy season. Thankfully the weather was fantastic throughout our stay and we really cannot complain about the level of luxury to price point. The beach side room is grand, I love the woven Pasifika ceiling, the marble (or granite) floors and bathroom; and the double shower. There's a choice of louvre window openings, the ceiling fan and air con essential for keeping you cool and away from those mozzies.
Two years on and things are beginning to look a little worn; loose louvres, the back missing from the fan remote (the battery falls out), the iPod dock could be upgraded to a lightening connector for iPhone 5, and the flowers looked a bit tired, but no matter, we were there to relax.
Someone did utterly fail to tell us to check in at Pacific resort. We arrived in Rarotonga on a late flight - it was almost midnight and went straight to Te Manava only to find it all locked up. After much scratching of heads our taxi suggested we try the other hotel and sure enough that is where our key was. A disappointing start though, specially when one is travel weary. Not sure if it was Air NZ, the Australian travel company that contacted us next (to say that there would be no complimentary shuttle) or if Te Manava is to blame. We found the TM concierge Louisa bright and helpful, so surely not her.
Some things to know: if you ask for milk to be there upon your arrival, don't expect fresh milk, it will be long life. Was a bit puzzled by this but this is standard there. The only place on the island you can get fresh milk is the big yellow CITC supermarket on the edge of Avarua.
The best range of wines and spirits is at The Bond Wine Store in Avarua.
Bio-security is pretty relaxed if you are flying in from NZ. So you can bring in sealed bags of cereal, snacks, cheese, etc. Well worth doing if you are arriving late like we did, so that there's something to eat the next morning if you want to stay in.
It's a lovely place and we felt incredibly relaxed by the end of our stay - and that was the point as far as we were concerned.
Request to Te Manava: Egg cups in room please! Merci beaucoup.
- Also Known As:
- Te Manava Luxury Villas Hotel Muri
- Te Manava Luxury Villas Hotel
- Te Manava Luxury Villas And Spa
- Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Cook Island's newest and most luxurious private villas managed by Pacific Resort operator of Australasia's & the Cook Islands Leading Resorts - World Travel Awards 2007 & 2008. Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa is 5-star luxury accommodation, set on the beautiful white sand beach of Rarotonga's stunning Muri lagoon, offering an exciting new choice for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Te Manava Luxury Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.