Our family of 4 (2 grown children) had 2 weeks here over Xmas. The 4 villas (2 bedroom apartments upstairs, 1 bedroom ones downstairs) are right on Muri Beach which is a fabulous location where you see the waves breaking on the horizon but in between you & them is a beautiful, sheltered lagoon.
The snorkelling is fabulous but it is best on the far side of the lagoon which is a decent distance. We often kayaked over and just flopped over the side to snorkel for hours. The kayaks & snorkelling equipment are next door for no extra charge.
The upstairs 2-br villas are amazing, with well-stocked kitchens and massive outdoor, covered verandas overlooking the pool, spa and beach. We spent most of our time out there on the comfy lounges and chairs when we weren't snorkelling, swimming or eating.
Talking of eating, it's standard to take food to the Cook Is. I'm not kidding - you see lots of polystyrene boxes coming in with people at the airport. Next time that's what I would do too as there aren't many places to buy fresh ingredients for cooking. Everything is imported to Rarotonga because the island is tiny (you drive around it in less than an hour) and the middle is dense vegetation & hills.
There's a great restaurant next door (officially the sailing club) and a couple further along the beach, but don't expect night life as there isn't any. If you want that, don't go to the Cook Is!
If you do want to do your own thing in a laid back, beachside, stunningly beautiful and relatively unspoiled location, you can't beat these villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This new property offers six beachfront villas that face Muri Lagoon. 3 x 1 Brm Villas at the ground level and 3 x 2 Brm Villas at the 1st level each with views across the pool to the beach and lagoon. All villas are highly appointed, with large terraces, full kitchens complete with dishwashers, microwaves, frig/freezers, DVDs, surround cinema with flat screen TVs, satellite TV reception. I pod docking stations, and WiFi internet connections. Each Villa has its own laundry. A freshwater pool, spa and large daybed are located right above the beach. We provide complimentary meet/greet and airport transfers with welcome fruit platter on arrival. Complimentary tropical breakfasts are delivered to your villa daily and room service from the adjoining restaurant is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Te Vakaroa Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Te Vakaroa Villas Hotel Muri
- Te Vakaroa Villas Muri, Rarotonga, Cook Islands