“Beautiful room with history” 5 of 5 stars

The Dog Inn at Wingham
Canterbury Road, Wingham CT3 1BB, England   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Wingham B&B and Inns
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Beautiful room with history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had a fabulous stay at the dog inn. Room 4was steeped in history with a very comfortable 4 poster bed. Staff we're very helpful and friendly and dinner in the evening was excellent. Can't wait to go back in new year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a one night stay, using an Amazon £39 bed & breakfast deal, at The Dog Inn in Wingham & we had a lovely time. It was seriously good value for money & worth every penny (and more really!) The room was spacious & clean, the staff on all shifts were polite & helpful & the food, both our evening meal in the restaurant & our breakfast the following day were great...we would even go as far as to say our dinner was sublime! Like most people do, before we went for our stay, we read the reviews & thought they were a 50/50 split of good & bad, but, then as we always do, we decided we would go & make up our own minds & we are very, very glad we did as it was a fabulous night all round.
So, my final words would be, please go & try it & make up your own minds...you may be pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed December 2013
Thorrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed in room 4, beautiful room with a lovely four poster bed. Toiletries in bathroom are sparse hand/body/hair soap in a pump bottle. Shower is a handheld But room is large warm and beautifully done. Food in restaurant very expensive so walked down the road to a lovely pub.

Breakfast was dire, cooked breakfast consisted of two rashers of warm stuck together bacon, one hard cooked on top sausage, a greasy egg we opted not to have tomato or mushrooms nothing else offered. Toast was thin, hard and cold no jams or marmalades on offer but they did manage to finally find some marmalade. Cereal was Asda economy corn flakes and Asda economy wheatabix , orange juice was also Asda economy (concentrate with lots of sugar) . Food very disappointing ! But room did make up for it

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

In June I purchased a voucher with Amazon to stay at the Dog Inn, Wingham in Kent when I called the hotel a lady took my details and voucher number. I had booked it for Friday 29th November untl Sunday 1st December 2013. Yesterday 26th Novemeber I thought I would call the hotel just to confirm that they still had our reservation. When I called the hotel a guy answered and when I told him that I was just checking our reservation he was quite abrute and told me he was booking another reservation and told me to call back. When I called back the same guy answered and checked for my reservation and then told me he didnt have my booking and asked me did I have a email confirmtion from the hotel and I said I didnt and that the lady that took the booking didnt ask me for my email address. He didnt apologise or anything his manner was awful. This year my hushand and I have been married 40 years, earlier on this year my husband had a bad accident at work and was off work 4 months, he is a self employed Roofer. We were really looking forward to the break. I called Amazon and explained to them what had happened when I called the Dog Inn and they were very understanding and apoligised and reimbursed me the cost. I have now booked a lovely hotel not far from the Dog Inn and we are now looking forward to our break. I intend to telling everyone about what happended at the Dog Inn, Wingham Kent.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Just came back from the dog inn as like a lot of people have took up the " amazon deal ". I paid extra for the room upgrade to the 4 poster bed room ,( and the 3 course meal) to be totally honest it was such a lovely room spacious and a the bed was massive and comfy . But, I know these are only small things like the radiator didn't work in the bath room and the TV remote batteries were dead , so when we went down for a drink I took them to the barmaid and asked if she could replace them . But no sorry we haven't got any more . Then I asked her for the wine list to be told we have only 1 white left due to a wedding last night. Being a pub and knowing guests we be arriving the next day you would have thought they would have stocked the bar ready for your next lot of guests. Now the meal which was very good I had the soup followed by the rib eye steak and then the cheese board . Then in the morning we had the full English breakfast . Overall it was a very good 1 night break.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 4 poster bed room...
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Booked the amazon 39 for bed and breakfast deal. Have stayed here before so knew the place. On booking was told all the deal rooms had gone so to stay had to pay £45 for dinner. Glad we did really because the three course dinner was excellent. The barman/waiter was very attentive and helpful. Food was plentiful and tasty had a good nights sleep in room 7.
On arrival found that our request had been overlooked as my wife has mobility problems and needed a ground floor room. We're told all the rooms were on the ground floor. Think the person taking the booking was referring to the sister hotel blazing donkey however we were booking the dog inn and found there were no ground floor rooms on arrival.. Fortunately the barman swapped rooms for us which was very much appreciated.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just came back from a weekend at the Dog inn, Wingham and my husband and I really enjoyed it. The nice young lady upgraded our room to a huge room with a four poster bed. Food was good and the place had so much character. Will definitely go back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Dog Inn at Wingham? Share your experiences!