I will generally try to cover just things not already covered by other reviewers:-
* Generally very impressed with all aspects of the establishment beginning with the spectacularly high-ceilinged atrium reception area - outstanding!
* The staff are all, as has been commented in other reviews here, very friendly, helpful and enthusiastic.
* One recent reviewer was, qute understandably, very upset that he could not get wifi in his room without having to sit in the bathroom. As heavy wifi users (3 laptops, 1 tablet, 1 Kindle, 1 smartphone and 2 Blackberries) we had been concerned with this but found, to our relief, that the hotel's free wifi worked well and at a reasonable clip in our room and all around the pool area. Maybe the wifi is patchy as it is difficult to provide universal good coverage in every room but, if there is a problem then it would be worth asking to be moved. The hotel provide an ID and password for each device which works OK but on some devices (mostly the Windows laptops) the whole lot had to be re-keyed for each session which was mildly tiresome.
* The room-safe is one of the best we have come across anywhere. It is quite big (although it will not quite take a full-size 15.6" laptop - but who would steal one of these monsters anyway:-) ) and the great thing is that it locks and unlocks with the swipe of a credit-sized card - no fiddling around on all fours trying to key in a combination!). On the last day the safe would not open, however, and a technical person had to be called to release the door - he came quite promptly.
* Another brilliant idea implemented by this hotel's enlightened management team is a clearly-stated policy that any sunbeds that are left unattended for more than half an hour will have 'reserving' items (i.e. towels) removed so that the sunbeds can then be released and made available to other guests (who don't have friends who get out at 6am to lay their towels out on all the best position sunbeds - you know who you are and you mostly speak good English too!)
* Food - we like the breakfast buffet - huge range of choice, we liked the Pizzeria out on the front terrace which needs to be pre-booked.
* The hotel access from the road is temporarily inconvenienced due to extensive road alterations outside. Our satnav took us to Calle Londres OK but remember to aim for the NW half of Calle Londres where it is on the south side about 150m from the junction with Plaza Fanabe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Anthelia hotel is a fabulous 5-star resort located in Costa Adeje, Tenerife. Its facilities and luxurious amenities are designed for couples, families with children and business clients. It has 180 double rooms, 28 double superior priority location rooms, 15 sea view suites and 142 family-rooms in which to experience a truly luxurious holiday in Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Anthelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Anthelia Hotel Playa De Fanabe
- Iberostar Adeje
- Hotel Anthelia Tenerife
- Iberostar Anthelia Tenerife/Playa De Fanabe