“Better than I expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Jacaranda Hotel
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Bruselas 4-6, 38670 Playa de Fanabe, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Playa de Fanabe
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Better than I expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was concerned about what to expect....i.e food, rooms etc.... Well I neednt have worried!!! The food was excellent (vast choice) and the rooms were spacious and clean. I didnt experience any noise from neighbours as previously mentioned! As for the food? I cant understand why anyone can complain? I think people complain because they've eaten too much and not because of the quality of food! The complex was 'massive'! the pools were attractively set out and the Hotel complex looked stunning from within. My only gripes and they're minor, is that I was led to believe that the 5th floor pools were adult only, but this wasnt the case......I dont agree with having to pay for wifi @ 6 Euros a day....and the evening entertainment didnt live up to the quality of the hotel (apart from the Tenors show) Most of the staff were polite, but there was one in particular that was constantly miserable, I wont describe he/she? but if you've visited, then you'll know who I mean! (I was located on the 8th floor and the views were terrific!)

Room Tip: I'd request anything above the 5th floor !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Jacaranda D, The Management at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Willsndakes,

Thank you for your time for sharing your comments about you stay at Hotel Jacaranda. We really appreciate the trust you placed on us and your decision of choosing us.

We are preparing new dishes and new animation shows that we are sure you'll love. We hope to see you back soon.

Kind regards!

1,420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

this is a very large and nice place with lots of room, the meals are good with pleasant service and could not find a fault with the staff at all, the only problem i had was that i chose this hotel as it said it had a piano bar--yes it has a bar and there is a piano in it, end of. i thought the idea was that somebody would lift the lid and play it, wrong!!. but don't let this spoil your choice unless like me it is the deciding factor. would visit again yes!

Room Tip: high rooms have a better view and there is a choice of pool side or seaview,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Keith15hartley,
Thank you for your comment and words. We appreciate hearing back from the piano-bar. Your impression will help us to improve our facilities for better. We are happy to know that you´ll choose us again on your next visit to Tenerife.
Kind regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was staying for a week in Tenerife, the hotel food and staff were amazing. I would highly recommend staying there. During meals you had smart waiter service even on lunch and breakfast. It was lovely comparing to other 4 star hotels in other countries which cannot provide that. I think that decor the lovely big glass walled lift is amazing. Lovely patterns and waterfalls in swimming pool area. Bit far away to the beach but so what, you could easily spend your holiday in this luzurious hotel. Would return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

just returned from a weeks holiday at the Jacarada the room was of a good size with a good comfortable bed the only thing that I can fault Is the cleanliness of the floor which which was cleaned every day but still made your feet or socks black if you walked in the room without shoes. Onto better things the food was varied and well presented the best I've ever had at an all inclusive hotel, the choices were 2 or 3 hot meat dishes a fish dish plus vegetarian option, salads with cold meats cheeses etc. and pasta & pizza dishes for all dinners. The drinks included on the AI were local spirits and beers but were of a reasonable quality and no large queues at the bar. It's a large hotel but apart from mealtimes in the restaurant you're not aware of lots of people.The pools are great with plenty of loungers the main pool is lively with entertainment but there is a smaller pool on the roof of the 5th floor which is quieter with its own bar and loungers. Rooms on the outside of the of the building can be noisy with traffic noise when the balcony doors are open but they do keep the noise out when shut which brings me on to the air con in the rooms this was excellent it needs to be because you wouldn't be able to sleep with the door open because of the noise. Other reviews have commented on the busy road outside I didn't find it a problem as I say with the door closed and the air con on we were very comfortable and quiet. All in all a good hotel its plus points out weighing it's negative.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Grahamt493,
Thank you for sharing your review of your holiday experience at Hotel Jacaranda. Your comments are very constructive and will help us to improve our services and Tripadvisor users impressions about the hotel. If you liked our cooking we look forward to welcoming you back to try the dishes that we are preparing.
Kind regards
Aberlour, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay in this big, but friendly Hotel. The staff were extremely polite and welcoming and the cleaning staff always had a cheery wave or smile to brighten the morning. I had no problem getting a sun lounger, mainly on the fifth floor which was relaxing and quieter than the main one. There are loads of lovely restaurants and bars nearby, but I would advise ladies to bring comfortable shoes for the evening as depending where your room is, or where you wish to go in the evening, a little bit of walking is required!

All in all I had a lovely holiday and special thanks to all the waiters and waitress in the Piano Bar. A special Hello to my 'Chanel Lady' and enjoy my little gift!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hotel Jacaranda D, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you very much JACKABERLOUR for your comment. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your holidays at the hotel and the island. Our team thanks you for your words and hopes to have you back here soon.
Regards!
Icmeler, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just arrived back from a lovely week at the Jacaranda Hotel.We were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews to find the Hotel better than expected.The room was very large and spotlessly clean we had a fridge and a pool view and I must say after reading remarks about the walls being thin I can honestly say I never heard a sound from either side ! Perhaps it depends where you are situated.The restaurant is huge and the staff work very hard the food is excellent I really don't know what some people expect we certainly were never hungry! I think the evening entertainment could be improved but I find that in most hotels.The Jacaranda is on a busy corner so all I would say to anyone with a few small children you would have to take care of them going in and out and crossing the road but it wasn't a problem for us we had a hire car and always found somewhere to park it on the road.All I can say is we had a lovely week met some really lovely people and I wouldn't hesitate going back to the Hotel again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Jacaranda D, General Manager at Jacaranda Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your words Carol. We really love to know the hotel was pleasantly surprised for you. We can assure that the whole team will continue working to offer you the best in your future stay, which we hope will be soon.
Regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We didn't have high hopes when we book the Jacaranda, however we genuinely were pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival and throughout the stay the staff were so friendly and truly couldn't do enough to help! The room we were allocated was lovely, sea view, very clean with modern decor, great size with a big bathroom. The complex itself is huge, but very clean and modern with tons of facilities - there's lots of Adult only areas and pools - which was great for us! Breakfast, was a bit of a let down, however I always find this overseas when having an English Buffet breakfast, however there was lots of fresh fruit and cereal on offer. Dinner on the other hand was great, massive selection with the specials cooked to order, we opted for the drinks included basis with dinner which was definitely worth it - the staff were always on hand, regularly refreshing our glasses! The location was great, just a short walk to the beach with lots of shops and restaurants around! Really loved the hotel overall - definitely would come back!!!

• Stayed September 2013
We are glad to hear that your experience at our hotel was so satisfying you will come back. We are waiting for you with arms wide open and we are sure that we are going to surprise you with the new ideas of our whole team.
Regards

Been to Jacaranda Hotel? Share your experiences!