“Awesomeness” 5 of 5 stars

21 Hexriver Street | Aerorand, Middelburg 1050, South Africa   |
Ranked #3 of 15 Middelburg B&B and Inns
“Awesomeness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fabulous time, great service, the food was tasty, they accommodated us very well. The utmosphere was fabulous,If I didn't have such a big family I was definitely going to have my wedding there for sure.I'd advice anyone to book for their events there.

• Stayed November 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
West London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Booked after our flight was delayed into Johannesburg and had a long drive up to Mozambique border. Decided to stop half way as due there early hours. Arrived at 11 pm and made to feel very welcome. Room more than adequate and great choice for breakfast. Spa on site but unable to use as needed to get to final destination. May use again as we travel to that area on a regular basis.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Thanks to the ladies from the Alveston Manor Spa for lovely pampering! My husband and I went for he "Lovers Rock", which is nice and relaxing night out which started with a hot stone massage and ended with a 3 course meal. The ladies at the spa was very professional and friendly. We enjoyed a good meal, the Manager on duty made us feel at home and served us with professionalism. Thanks for an overall nice and relaxing night out.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Being involved in the construction of Columbus Stainless and several of the mines in the area over past decades, I was pleasantly surprised at what a well organised town Middelburg and surrounds had become.
Alveston Manor is a credit to the region and one of the nicest sleepovers - far nicer than I had expected. the ladies that run the place are friendly and welcoming, the food was great and the general appearance of the place was well groomed, spotless and everything worked and was in it's place. I appreciated the Friday evening braai which just made things more homely too.
a small suggestion - after a long drive to get there and a long day at work, it would really nice if the spa stayed open a lot later (by arrangement if necessary). after a two hour drive from Jo'burg, a back and neck massage would have been perfect !
A lovely place. thank you.

Room Tip: I'm sure they are all good. it's a quiet area close to small lakes.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

I attended a function at the Alveston Manor and was just super impressed. The food was so well presented and tasted as good as it looked.

The venue was also decorated with great care and the service from all staff was 5 star.

I was a guest at the function but I could see from the standard all round that the service was of high quality from start to finish.

I would definately recommend the Alveston Manor to anyone looking at doing a function in Middelburg.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

We were dissapointed when we walked into our room,
It was tiny and I kept bumping my elbow on the side table.
For a 4 star hotel the bathroom was really terrible. It only had a shower curtain which
clung to your body all the time. And it shower floor had no basin so the water ran all
over the bathroom floor. Even the toilet roll was damp. And my vanity case which I had
left on the floor as there was no where else to put it was wet as well as my makeup.

The breakfast the next morning was very good.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room when you book in
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alveston-Manor-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Alveston Manor, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Good Day Iris

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to comment on our services and establishment as it helps us to improve.

With regards to the bedroom size, we can not do much to change it but will make a note in future to book couples into our bigger family rooms.

We are actually in the process of sourcing shower doors for our showers but due to the strange size of them it has been a timeous process. We hope for this to be sorted before the year end.

The bathroom basin are not very big but most of our travellers use the shelf under the basin to store their toiletry bags. We can however look at a hanger in the bathroom where one can maybe hang up the toiletry bags.

I will keep you updated with the changes in the hope that you may give us another try?

Kind Regards
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

The hotel itself was good. I enjoyed the small cosy rooms and the peace. The food however was terrible! I had this "oxtail stew" which had a jelly-like all brown sauce with no veggies. I was very disappointed as it looks very good on the menu. The overall service was good but they really need to invest in chefs that can cook.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Good Day Refilwe

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our establishment and services as this is the only way that we can improve.

With regards to your mention about the food, we have launched a new menu in September so we are still in the process of training the cooks on all the new items. We are sure that with time and training the menu will be top star.

Kind Regards

Been to Alveston Manor? Share your experiences!