“Definately an improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan

You added Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.333 Chengzhong Road,Yucheng Street, Yuhuan County 317600, China   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Yuhuan County
4.5 of 5 stars 18 Reviews
“Definately an improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Started off several years back staying at Yuhuan Grand Hotel. Then moved to Qingang Tourist Hotel, back of the Industrial area, near the gardens. Then someone in his wisdom made this Hotel. Like most things in China, when New they are very good. This is the best /hotel in the area. The question is how far away work is for you. It only makes sense to come here if you have work in Yuhuan . Don't confuse with Taizhou, as that is a good 90 mins away. The restaurant here is also the place to be seen, if in yuhuan, this is where you are taken out. The question is will it be on top floor or on the lower floors. [Top floor is VIP]. Food is very good . Service is reasonably good.

Room Tip: AC is temperamental. I prefer a room at the back, less noise in case I need to open the window.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
kary X, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback with our friends at tripadvisor.com.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we thank you for leaving us such a positive review on all the aspects of our hotel.It’s a pleasure to know that you like our room and food. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

The team and I are all looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and providing you with another memorable stay.

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My second or third stay here. Very clean, grand and fresh lobby. Big open feeling.
Nice modern facility. All seems new and clean.
Internet works wireless fast. The room is comfortable and quiet. My only issue is that the thermostat has no English so it took me several return trips to the thermostat to figure out if the A/C will switch on.
Good big open bathroom- modern feeling facility - nice.

The bed was surprisingly HARD for a Sheraton property. Kind of like a hybrid Chinese/western. I was hoping for more of a bed like other Sheratons which are softer. (The previous night I was at the Westin in Ningbo City - maybe that bed spoiled me). I guess it was my fault for not asking at the front desk when I checked in if a softer bed was available.

The work out room was excellent and kept reasonable cool temperature,

Breakfast was the usual morning Chinese affair. Presented nicer than other 4 and 5 star hotels. plenty for a Westerner to eat.

Price was decent compared to other Sheratons. I am not sure where Sheraton positions "Four Stars". Seems to me to be about even with the other Sheratons.

I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: I know that room 1512 was quiet and ZERO smoke smell - which is often not the case in China
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kary X, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Gordon,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to reflect on your recent stay with us.So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and like our room.

About the thermostat make you confused, we felt so sorry for our not comprehensive when we do construction purchase, if you come next time, should do let us housekeeping or Guest Service Manager know then they will happy to help you with that.

The bed of our hotel is our signature selling point of Four Points brand, which called Four Comfort™ bed, maybe it little hard to Westin heavenly bed, but it still very soft comfort and good for sleeping. You will love it in the future time:)

Thank you as well for recommending us to your friends. We look forward to welcome you back soon. Do let us know if we can be of any assistance to make your next trip to Yuhuan even more memorable. Wishing you safe travels. Stay well.

Yours sincerely,
Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou Yuhuan
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

It is quite fashion and trendy chain hotel which located in the Industrial small town - Yuhuan, Taizhou. There is not much sightseeing can do, and mainly for business because there are many factories in that area.

The hotel provide nice service and somehow is even better than in the big city, like Shanghai. They have enough cold beers supply to our foreign partners, which is very important !

Room is big and have different types, i stayed there for 2 times and still looking forward to stay next time. Pricewise, it is reasonable concerning it is branded hotel. However, if consider the location, it is slightly higher.

Room Tip: I think the rooms at both edge are pity large.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear AK,
Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou Yuhuan and for appreciating our location, service and room. Thanks for loving our cold beer as well. We offer a variety of international beers which our Four Points contain Best Brew™ program, specially chosen beer to meet your like. We always strive to make every guest feel better when they leave the hotel than when they arrived.
We do hope to be of service to you again and make your next trip to Yuhuan even more memorable. Wishing you safe travels. Stay well.
Yours sincerely,
Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou Yuhuan
Durban
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This is the only western brand hotel in the industrial town of Yuhuan, and is by far the best hotel there. The room rates are excellent, and they are streaks ahead of their competitors.

This was my second stay at this hotel, and I found the hotel to be still like new. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were helpful and friendly , and the service was good.

I will definitely return to the Four Points Sheraton Yuhuan on my future travels to Yuhuan county.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
kary X, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Solskjaer,

Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback with our friends at tripadvisor.com and we are pleased to have received a full score.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest satisfaction survey that you rated us,even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, esp. for perfect room and good service, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improves and hotel features.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.

Thank you once again!:)
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed 2 nights from 13-15 January 2014. Many people said this is the best hotel in Yuhuan now because it is just opened last year. From I have experienced what they say may be true. Yuhuan is a small city, this hotel quite stands out. The building is large, the service is excellent for small city. The interior and all is okay, what i like from this hotel is the breakfast. The breakfast have enough variety (western and eastern), they have pork belly and combined with good conggee equals perfect, the bacon also nice considering it is in China not easy for them to make a good western food but they are doing all right. In conclusion comparing from hotels from across China it is just an okay hotel, but comparing in Yuhuan area, I agree that this hotel is the best

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
kary X, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback with our friends at tripadvisor and we are pleased to have received a full score.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we thank you for leaving us such a positive review on all the aspects of our hotel.It’s a pleasure to know that you like our breakfast. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Thank you once again.
Suzhou, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

This property says Taizhou but it is not anywhere near Taizhou. We were hoping for a quick stop off the highway on route back to Shanghai area, and it was 1.5 hours away. Sheraton should not mislead people with such a name. Additionally, upon check in, we were also told we could get a table at one of their restaurants, and when we went, we were told we needed to "order room service" because there were no tables. It's a nice enough place once you get past the misleading features. I suppose if you are in Yuhuan, this is probably your only choice, but again, this is NOT Taizhou.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
kary X, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Jarrett B,

On behalf of hotel management of Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your candid comments.

About our hotel's name, since many people do not know the specific location of Yuhuan, so we must add Taizhou which we belonged to this administrative region in order to notify more clearly identify the hotel location. We are so sorry that make you confuse. With regards to the no seats in our restaurant, we suggest you take the early book when you make room reservation to avoid the same situation, also we will strengthen our communication in various sectors to avoid sending the wrong message to customers.

Again, I must apologize for the inconvenience you endured. I know we can do better therefore I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Of course, if I can assist in future bookings please do not hesitate to contact our guest service manager team: Gsm.03384@starwoodhotels.com.

Thank you once again.
Leola, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Ok, like everyone else has said, this isn't your typical Four Points. The hotel can easily be a 5-star quality high-end hotel in terms of its hard product. The room is roomy and clean, and the front desk and lobby lounge staff are both very friendly. But that's the only good things I have to say about this hotel (I've been staying here for 7 days now, 2 more days to go, it's gotten so bad I have to write a review now.)

First: if you like your room in the 23-24 degrees Celsius, you are out of luck in the late Fall/Winter (mid Nov. for me), the room stays at a ridiculous hot 27.8 degrees Celsius (80 degrees in USA). When I called Guest Services I was told that "they switched off cold air and only has Heater now, the only way to keep the room cool is open the windows." Which is unacceptable because it's VERY NOISY outside, if you have been to China you know horns are use regularly and often by drivers, if you open the window you can forget about a nice quiet environment. So here I am sweating in my room because the hotel switched off cold air in the Winter time and assumes everyone likes 28 degree Celsius (82 degrees in USA).

Second: related to my last point, the rooms are noisy. They put me up 17th floor corner room facing the streets and I can hear horns blowing all day and all night (with windows closed), if you want a quiet room to sleep, definitely ask for a room away from the streets.

Third, the Chinese restaurant on second floor only has rooms that seats 10+ for each room. I went down to try to eat in their hotel and was told by what looks like the manager there (wearing a black suit) that they only service big groups, and I was told specifically to go downstairs to other restaurants to eat since I am only one person. So I was not welcomed, ridiculous to the max. I complained to front desk manager who prompted handled it for me and given me a room to eat, but the point is I should not have been denied in the first place.

Fourth, besides your non-smoking room expect to smell smoke everywhere you go. Lobby, hallway, elevators, etc. The Chinese smoke everywhere and the hotel seems to have a open smoke policy. So if you can't stand smoke you might want to get some face masks when you walk in public areas.

Overall, I would say your first impression of this hotel will be A+, but then as you enjoy their "services" you will be disappointed like I am if they don't improve from this. I expect low quality from Chinese hotels but if you want to brand yourself as Sheraton brand than I expected better. But I'm disappointed to find that while the hard product is western but the way they do things is still very "Chinese", and you will be disappointed if this doesn't change.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room AWAY from the streets.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
kary X, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience and our sincere apologize. As our valuable guest, you’re supposed to receive the highest Quality and Professional Service & Product from us and in this case we have failed in the delivery. The issues with our air condition facilities, Chinese restaurant, smocking problems ect. will be forwarded to our management team. Please be assured that all feedback is valuable to us and our senior management has taken your comments onboard

As always the Hotel takes serious approach when come to guest experience and satisfaction. Please be ensured that we will look into this in greater detail with our team and we will work toward a permanent solution.

Again, thank you for the comments, which help us to improve our service. Despite of the disappointment this time, we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Should you require further assistant, or to make sure your better experience next time, please feel free to contact us at Gsm.03384@starwoodhotels.com at your convenience.

Warm regards.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Taizhou, Yuhuan? Share your experiences!