“The best taste in Sifnos” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Romantic environment with a great view and protected from undesirable weather.
Athens, Greece
“The best taste in Sifnos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Warm people ,delicious taste , reasonable prices good location ,what else you need to enjoy a full clear taste meal

• Greek first
Netherlands
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Not really Cheap, but a better view of the harbor, and far better service. If you pick a restaurant, pick this one.

Venhuizen
“Unique and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Delicious food, not typical Greek, but you can order gyros if you want. They ask a good price for good food. Nice ambiance with a view at the bay of Kamares.

staffordshire
“Better than your average Greek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I spent 2 weeks on 3 Greek islands and this restaurant was the best of the lot. It is really good Greek cooking with a bit more style and flair than usual. Also the wine is well chosen and of good quality. A bit more expensive than the competition but if you are on Sifnos well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“Greek with a twist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent one month in Sifnos and while I love Greek food, I was happy to have found Absinthe, which has a little variety on the menu. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely traditional food choices - I had some great meatballs that were grandma's recipe and fantastic eggplant salad and a to-die-for fried filo-wrapped feta cheese drizzled with honey. But there were also some flavors that I couldn't find anywhere else on the island like chicken curry, spicy goat, and a spicy pork or beef with rice. Needless to say, I ate at Absinthe several times and was never disappointed. The portions were rather large for me, especially since I was there alone. But I was able to take home any leftovers and for certain dishes I was able to get half-portions so I could try more things on the menu! Both of the George's that work/own the restaurant made me feel like family when I was eating there and when I saw them outside the restaurant.
I was even introduced to a great bourbon that I hadn't tried before. They have a great variety of alcohol as they used to be a bar and - yes - there is even absinthe!

Visited June 2012