Staying at balenbouche estate is like stepping back in time.The main house is 180 years old,there are well preserved ruins of a sugar mill,and there is the tallest coconut tree of St lucia-how old is it?
the family taking care of the estate has been looking after the estate for generations.Do ensure to listen to their stories of struggle and hardship just to keep hold of the property..Deeply attached to their land,Uta and their daughters make a living by renting the cottages.We stopped there for lunch and we ate inexpensively ,vegetables,soup,fish,sorbet.Everything fresh and from the estate.
take a trip down south and listen to the stories of Balenbouche Estate,how St Lucia was 60,50,40 years ago!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balenbouche Estate is a secluded Historic Plantation Guesthouse offering several tropical vacation cottages on the south-western coast of St. Lucia. Beautifully landscaped gardens and nature trails surround the 70 acre property, which remains a working farm, heritage site, and family residence. Secluded beaches, hiking trails, and rivers are within walking distance. Our unique blend of tropical elegance, unspoiled nature, and warm hospitality will leave you truly relaxed and inspired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Balenbouche Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balenbouche Estate Hotel Laborie
- Balenbouche Estate St. Lucia/Laborie