If you like all-inclusive, swanky resorts this is NOT the place for you. If you like peace and quiet, beautiful surroundings, and some delicious home-prepared food then Ballenbouche is perfect. Hosts Uta and Verena offer something really special and our week in St Lucia was so much the richer for staying here. Our little cottage was simple but beautiful, the lush gardens a joy to explore and all their suggestions of places to visit were spot on. The company of one of the cats and several of their dogs made it feel like a home from home. Whenever we mentioned we were staying at Balenbouche local people were full of praise for the Lawaetz women and we would echo that: their efforts to preserve the estate and open it for others to enjoy are much appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balenbouche Estate is a secluded Historic Plantation Guesthouse offering several tropical vacation cottages on the south-western coast of St. Lucia. Beautifully landscaped gardens and nature trails surround the 70 acre property, which remains a working farm, heritage site, and family residence. Secluded beaches, hiking trails, and rivers are within walking distance. Our unique blend of tropical elegance, unspoiled nature, and warm hospitality will leave you truly relaxed and inspired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Balenbouche Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balenbouche Estate Hotel Laborie
- Balenbouche Estate St. Lucia/Laborie