The setting is lovely, on the Ganges above Rishikesh, and approached by a narrow, winding, mountainous road. We stayed in the "tents" by the river, which are due to be replaced but were still quite an experience, they have huge beds, seating in and outside, wardrobes, air conditioning and heating, plus a bathroom, so they are well-equipped. The hotel was very quiet, probably being so near Christmas, so the atmosphere was rather
lacking, and we have eaten better at other Neemrana Hotels, but still enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glasshouse on the Ganges honours an extraordinary geographical site where the Ganga turns around and flows north towards its source. It is a magical natural spot. Set in a lychee and mango orchard of the Maharajas of Tehri Garhwal, with a garden of tropical plants, full of rare birds and butterflies, it has a sand beach of its own. After the maddening hustle of the crowds which throng the daily dip or the Kumbh Mela, there is no better haven of calm anywhere in the vicinity of Rishikesh. It is known for its serene and spiritual atmosphere. You can easily commute between the Glasshouse and the crowded pilgrimage spots without feeling the strain of its fascinating but continuous oppression of numbers – the calmest bank to watch the Kumbh! You can enjoy an evening Arti at the Parmarth Niketan Ashram. You could also visit the Ram Jhula and the Lakshman Jhula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and EasyToBook so you can book your The Glasshouse on the Ganges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glasshouse On The Ganges Hotel Rishikesh
- Glasshouse On The Ganges Rishikesh
- The Glasshouse On The Ganges India/Garhwal