I stayed at Crystal Palace this weekend with my wife and 3 month old daughter! As per some local friends, its the best hotel to be in while in Meerut, because of its food quality, and the kind of people who you could see here. A lot of other, cheaper hotels have the kind of people who might not want to be around on weekends!
I am not sure why it has been filed under BnB on TripAdvisor though! Anyway...
1. Its very easy to locate... One has to reach Begum Bridge (very popular landmark in Meerut) and then take a turn towards Bijnaur/Brijghat/Kotdwar...About half a km ahead, you can see Crystal Palace on your right!
2. There is an ATM in the same building, which is a good help in case you need cash
3. Some popular markets are at a walking distance, specially the Chaat Bazaar for the people who love eating north Indian street food.... And Abu Lane as well...
4. Breakfast is included in the tariff which is a big plus.... Saves you a lot of time and effort... and the breakfast was decent too
5. I have heard, though did not experience myself, that the food quality is good at this hotel!
Now for a few things I did not really like...
6. The lift waiting area and a lot of other common areas at the hotel had a lot of cigarette smell... It was irritating
7. The room was handed over without some basics like soap in the bathroom... I had to ask for it! Also the hand towels were way nicer than the chemically treated bath towels. Bedding and linen was clean and comfortable though
8. I paid Rs. 3500+ for a night's stay at the hotel. I personally do not think its anywhere near worth it. I have stayed in much better hotels at tourist destinations for cheaper than this... I am not really sure what would drive the tariff so high!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Meerut, Hotel Crystal Palace has been synonymous with a comfortable stay for the last ten years. The highlights of the property are -> Conveniently located in the center of the city, close to all major business centers of Meerut> Modern facilities such as business center, mini bar, wifi internet access, on site laundry, and much much more> Professional and friendly staff. ... more less