“First night alone in Allahabad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Vaishali

Hotel Vaishali
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allahabad
Hotel Vaishali
You added Hotel Vaishali to your Saves list
72 Bahadurganj | Near Sulaki Roundabout, Allahabad 211003, India   |
Ranked #15 of 24 Allahabad B&B and Inns
Shillong, India
“First night alone in Allahabad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had reached Allahabad alone for the first time and it was late at night. I took an auto rickshaw and asked the auto walla to take me to a good hotel ( I was hoping more like the hotels located in the Civil Lines area), and he took me here. I was a little hesitant considering that it was located bang in the local market place with traffic that I have never witnessed before in my life. However since it was way past midnight, I decided to halt for just the night. The size of the rooms are okay for its tariff but the furnishings and especially the bed are left wanting. Did not eat there, since I left before breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

It was in May 2001 that we went to Allahabad. Had been there to perform the last rites of my parents. Usually the first thing when you get down to Allahabad and get an auto is that they will ask you about hotels in the Civil lines. Depends on what you are looking for in Allahabad as it is not that big a city and there is nothing that much in the Civil Lines areas other than a few Branded Showroom. Of course a lot of the people will say it is clean depends on how you look at it. Since my visit there was for religious purposes, I asked the auto driver to arrange a place that is near to the Sangam. I had heard about Hotel Vaishali from one of my friends and told the auto driver to get us there. It was bang in between the busiest market of Allahabad and the traffic was quite bad. The hotel did not look anything special with lot of shops around. When we got inside and checked the room, it was clean and quite well maintained. The rates were very reasonable and the other thing that made me stay over there was 24-hour checkout. I told the manager that I will be checking out the next day around 9 pm, although I had checked into the hotel around 6 p.m. and he told me that was not a problem. The room was not big, but enough with a large double bed and quite a clean and big bathroom. They had room service, which was good, and the staff was very helpful and would do anything to please you. The food was also quite alright, nothing special, but clean good vegetarian food, although we had quite a bit outside as there were lot of quite famous places to eat around, but remember everything around this locality is vegetarian. Just walk a few paces from the hotel and you have 4-5 stalls selling sweets and lassi, you have got to try those. The lassi was extraordinarily good and with us staying in Bangalore for the last 6 year, never had a lassi like that in a long time. There are lot of eateries around, and it is a good place to walk around. Believe the traffic in that area can get hectic and the best thing and fastest thing around there is to walk around or get an rickshaw. The Sangam is also quite near, just about Rs. 25-35 by an auto. I talked with the autodriver who dropped me there from the railway station to take me around and he arranged everything and came right on time and took us around to all the places we needed to go and arranged all the things required. The rate was very reasonable. The hotel staff as I mentioned was very helpful and helped us with quite a lot of things and suggested a lot of places to go and try out famous eateries around. Overall, I like the hotel and the service we got there and the rooms were clean and neat, and we really felt we got more than we paid. Left the place with a good feeling. Do visit this hotel and I believe it is worth in spite of the location and the traffic. You might not like it when you initially get there, but will understand generally as you stay on as it is quite in the center and have all the places nearby if you want to go and visit.

Room Tip: The best thing is for you to go and see the room before taking it, but the double bed rooms or super...