“Holiness fulfilled” 5 of 5 stars

Church Main Road, Velankanni 611111, India   |
Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Velankanni
“Holiness fulfilled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the very best hotel I've ever seen in my life with an awesome view of the Velankanni Church . Only specific room are available with this pleasant view . This is the perfect place where you could wake up with the perfect scene of the church in your eyesight from the Bed.

• Stayed May 2012
clintonparkinn, Guest Relations Manager at Clinton Park Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam

Our hearty thanks on your feedback and comments about your stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcome you to visit our Clinton Park Inn whenever you come to the Shrine to receive the blessings of Our Lady of Health.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We made a trip to Tricy and Vellankani on 24/1/2013. I would consider Clinton Park Inn the best hotel in Vellankani(Mother of Good Health) .Their rooms are spacious, clean and I paid extra for a view of the church from my bedroom window. The number of people visiting the church was just incredible. The people just kept coming day and night. The hotel is located close by the church and within walking distance. The view of the church at night was really beautiful blue lights and all. The food at the caravela restaurant was good and fresh but the breakfast was usually thosai, idly, vadah, fresh juices and cereals. I did not bother about the breakfast because we came to visit the awesome church, admire the beatify and pray for good health for my family. We stayed here for 2 nights and bought religious souvenirs, holy water bottles and dont forget to buy the annaivellankani blessed oils. The 3rd night we stayed in SRM hotel in Trichy. This hotel was big and they were having a doctors conference during my stay. The rooms are big and nothing to complain about staying in Trichy. The hotel is quite far from the city but I was lucky because my agent Mr Thiru from Thiru Travels and Tours provided me with a Toyota Innova mpv to get around in Vellankani and Tricy and the driver Murugan was very accommodative . Its took us about 3 1/2 hours by car from Trichy airport to Vellankani in Nagapatinam district. Trip was enjoyable because you get a chance to view the villages and the people living in the area.
Robert Nathan

Room Tip: Get a room facing the church. You wont regret it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in Aug 2012 with my family and enjoyed the stay .They are providing reasonably spacious, clean room with good toilets ( I hope they will maintain it and room /toilet cleaning can be improved ) . Its got a good restaurant serving quality food. I will reccomed the hotel to my friends .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Our hearty thanks on your feedback and comments about your stay at our hotel.

Based on your feedback on IMPROVEMENT, we shall take it to our management and take necessary action.

We look forward to welcome your visit to Clinton Park Inn whenever you come to Vailankanni to obtain blessings of the Mother of Vailankanni.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during my recent visit (27th Dec), for two nights....the room was OK, but the service was very slow and unprofessional. The corridor is poorly lit....i had seen that on other reviews as well, but the management seems not to take care of the reviews anyway. The restarunt was a joke...parking is at owners own risk....on the day of my departure, I found my car vandalized, rear view mirror (right side mirror was missing), had one of the tyers flat and thorn plant put around the car, I was told that there are some mischevious kids around that place and the might have done this. The CEO of the place did help me with the tyre, but generally they are just not a place to be......i will stay at MGM next time and will write a review as well

Room Tip: The church view concept is just a big joke.........dont go for that, if after all the warning you st...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Our hearty thanks on your feedback and comments about your stay at our hotel.

Based on your feedback on MAINTENANCE we shall take it to our management and take necessary action.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent Place to Stay if you're visiting Velankanni. The hotel rooms are very clean. It's ideally located near the church (walk to and back). Hotel Restaurant is very nice. Staff are very helpful. I was surprised that i didn't stay here on my earlier trips.

I strongly recommend this place if you're visiting Velankanni. The place has power backup as well.

not Internet, but if it's a day trip to the church, you don't need Internet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

Our hearty thanks on your appreciative feedback and comments about your stay at our hotel.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my fourth time visit to this hotel, I visited 6 months back prior to this, to start with everything was good but for some reason this time the service lacks, room in unclean, not good response from service staff, downgraded the quality of breakfast, leaking showers, unclean sheets. I would not suggest this place to anyone and I will not visit this hotel again, it's not worth for the price we pay

• Stayed December 2012

Our hearty thanks on your feedback and comments about your stay at our hotel.

Based on your feedback on IMPROVEMENT OF SERVICES we shall take it to our management and take necessary action.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here in the first week of November 2012. The basilica is just down the road from this hotel, so the location is perfect. The AC worked well, much needed in the hot weather there. The restaurant was the best part of this place - the manager was friendly, the food delicious. Binged on the breakfast - omelettes, dosais, vadais etc. Housekeeping needs improvement though - my room was smelling of cigarette smoke and I had to open the windows to air it, a used soap was placed in the bathroom. I had to call up and ask them for fresh soaps.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam,

Our hearty thanks on your feedback and comments about your stay at our hotel
Based on your feedback MAINTENANCE, we shall take it to our management and take necessary action.

Thanking you!

Been to Clinton Park Inn? Share your experiences!