this place was greatly advices to me by my friends who had stayed here some time back when it used to be GRT temple bay. so this year we thought we would spend little extra to spend our 2nd anniversary in luxury.
really this hotel is worth every penny you spend. these are the kind of hotels one should visit every time you feel the need to pamper yourself. first of all great property, excellent staff, superb rooms and an infinity pool you can be in all day.
there is also a restaurant by the sea ( wharf i think ) which serves amazing food. but more than the food its the breeze which surprised us. in feb we were feeling too cold when we were sitting in one of the tables along the beach. the place itself was so romantic that it felt great to have chosen it for our anniversary
the property is so huge that one really needs those golf carts which they have to take you to your room. where we stayed there was a huge swimming pool running across till the restaurant where at that time i guess the pool bar was getting build. this pool has to be the biggest that we've ever seen. there is also one restaurant next to the pool. we found the food at the restaurant decent but nothing spectacular.
in the end would like to strongly mention that this hotel defines luxury. especially the rooms and the hotel landscape is so well designed, that you feel really great to be staying in it. and if you love being in the water all day... the infinity pool welcomes you !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay located along the shores of Bay or Bengal at Mamallapuram is 65 km drive from Chennai. This seaside town is an acclaimed World Heritage Center with centuries old historic monuments and temples. Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay, easily the most visited luxury resort, provides accommodations on beach front. The resort spans across 44 acres with various options for leisure and entertainment. It's comprised of 144 rooms including suites, pool villas, chalets, Bay villa and Bay Bungalow. It has one of the longest meandering swimming pool in Asia which is 24000 Sq. Ft. and an infinity pool of 3500 sq ft that gives you a great feel of reaching out into the horizon. Modern and Ayurvedic Spa for ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. Versatile Banqueting Zone with state of the art pillar less 10000 sq ft. with best acoustics for both conferences and celebrations. Huge open space that lets you celebrate events in the arm of nature, the lawns by the sea is great destinations for dream weddings and parties. various Food and Beverage outlets gives you a choice of cuisine along with finest beverages. The Wharf - sea side specialty restaurant, Waters Edge Cafe - Round clock diner, Sindbad - adventure spirited bar, Maritime tales - relaxing lounge bar, round the clock in-room dining facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram Hotel Mamallapuram
- Grt Temple Bay Hotel
- Grt Temple Bay Mamallapuram