Reviewer: Karthik Mani
A place we visit as a family when ever we want a break from the hussle busstle of the city and every day work . We first located this place when I was deputed to Chennai. The first time we visited this place, my wife just fell in love with the hotel. This was way back in 2005. I was in Chennai for 2 years or so and we have visited this place so many times have lost count. Though we have shifted back to Mumbai we still ry and make a visit here when ever possible.
The villas in this hotel are the best. The room faces the Bay of bengal. The villas are so close to the beach the sound of the waves is all that you hear and its just heavenly. It was a small property with 70 odd rooms till 3 months back. We realised it has changed to 140 rooms when we visited this place last month. It was a shock for us as it had expanded so much ,the cosy feeling we used to get was lost but still we found comfort in the familiar villa we stayed in , and stay in during all our visits. The teething problems of expanding is on but still will recommend this place to any one who want a break and loves the beach.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram Hotel Mamallapuram
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram Hotel
- Grt Temple Bay Hotel
- Grt Temple Bay Mamallapuram
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay located along the shores of Bay or Bengal at Mamallapuram is 65 km drive from Chennai. This seaside town is an acclaimed World Heritage Center with centuries old historic monuments and temples. Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay, easily the most visited luxury resort, provides accommodations on beach front. The resort spans across 44 acres with various options for leisure and entertainment. It's comprised of 144 rooms including suites, pool villas, chalets, Bay villa and Bay Bungalow. It has one of the longest meandering swimming pool in Asia which is 24000 Sq. Ft. and an infinity pool of 3500 sq ft that gives you a great feel of reaching out into the horizon. Modern and Ayurvedic Spa for ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. Versatile Banqueting Zone with state of the art pillar less 10000 sq ft. with best acoustics for both conferences and celebrations. Huge open space that lets you celebrate events in the arm of nature, the lawns by the sea is great destinations for dream weddings and parties. various Food and Beverage outlets gives you a choice of cuisine along with finest beverages. The Wharf - sea side specialty restaurant, Waters Edge Cafe - Round clock diner, Sindbad - adventure spirited bar, Maritime tales - relaxing lounge bar, round the clock in-room dining facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.