I stayed for 4 nights in July. It was my second stay at the hotel and I was not disapointed. In fact I thought that the hotel had improved.
The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. The swimmingpool is also fantastic, but shallow and therefor quite warm (nice for kids).
Internet is free and the speed is mostly fine.
I stayed in a pool view chalet room which is large and well laid out. I would recommend these rooms because it is so easy to take a dip in the pool. Ocean view rooms are more remote.
The beach could not be used. The waves went all the way up to the hotel wall and the stairs to the beach was washed away. The sea is also very rough and only very good swimmers should go there.
There are only two restaurants but the food is generally good.
Overall very recommendable. There are of course room for small improvements:
The service at the bar close to the beach pool is very slow. I had to chase down a waiter to be served.
The same Kenny G CD is running all night long every night at the Wharf restaurant. Please by some more CD's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay located along the shores of Bay or Bengal at Mamallapuram is 65 km drive from Chennai. This seaside town is an acclaimed World Heritage Center with centuries old historic monuments and temples. Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay, easily the most visited luxury resort, provides accommodations on beach front. The resort spans across 44 acres with various options for leisure and entertainment. It's comprised of 144 rooms including suites, pool villas, chalets, Bay villa and Bay Bungalow. It has one of the longest meandering swimming pool in Asia which is 24000 Sq. Ft. and an infinity pool of 3500 sq ft that gives you a great feel of reaching out into the horizon. Modern and Ayurvedic Spa for ultimate relaxation and rejuvenation. Versatile Banqueting Zone with state of the art pillar less 10000 sq ft. with best acoustics for both conferences and celebrations. Huge open space that lets you celebrate events in the arm of nature, the lawns by the sea is great destinations for dream weddings and parties. various Food and Beverage outlets gives you a choice of cuisine along with finest beverages. The Wharf - sea side specialty restaurant, Waters Edge Cafe - Round clock diner, Sindbad - adventure spirited bar, Maritime tales - relaxing lounge bar, round the clock in-room dining facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram Hotel Mamallapuram
- Grt Temple Bay Hotel
- Grt Temple Bay Mamallapuram