“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Mahabalipuram
Denmark
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights in July. It was my second stay at the hotel and I was not disapointed. In fact I thought that the hotel had improved.

The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. The swimmingpool is also fantastic, but shallow and therefor quite warm (nice for kids).

Internet is free and the speed is mostly fine.

I stayed in a pool view chalet room which is large and well laid out. I would recommend these rooms because it is so easy to take a dip in the pool. Ocean view rooms are more remote.

The beach could not be used. The waves went all the way up to the hotel wall and the stairs to the beach was washed away. The sea is also very rough and only very good swimmers should go there.

There are only two restaurants but the food is generally good.

Overall very recommendable. There are of course room for small improvements:

The service at the bar close to the beach pool is very slow. I had to chase down a waiter to be served.

The same Kenny G CD is running all night long every night at the Wharf restaurant. Please by some more CD's.

• Stayed July 2013
Elangor, Director Operations at Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to see your positive feedback on the Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations every time you stay with us and truly demonstrate our service philosophy “Yes I Can !” .

We have taken your suggestions seriously and will implement them.

845 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

One of the best resorts I've been to.. the high point is definitely the long meandering pool.. its the best swimming pool ever.. absolute fun to lazy around in the long winding pool..
The infinity pool comes a close 2nd, fantastic view of the sea and fun to sit and stare into the sea..
Overall, great property, awesome lawns n hammocks and recreation center.. very courteous staff.. excellent breakfast spread.
All in all, an awesome awesome resort

Note: Lunch/Dinner in the restaurants provide less options to the vegetarians. Room service options give a better vegetarian variety. But nevertheless visit the restaurants in the resort, they offer a great view and ambience

Room Tip: There are large variety of rooms to choose from and spread over a large area. So if you are travelli...

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

A great hotel with good food and facilities and very scenic. But employees need to be taught to deal with guests better. When entering the hotel for checking in, a security person stopped me at the entrance and asked me what I wanted and then followed me up to the front desk. Am not sure if it was standard procedure or an aberration, but it was very uncomfortable. Another instance was when returning cycles, the person in charge was rude and insisted that I had taken 3 cycles when I had taken two. Even after explaining that I had rented 2, he followed me to the lobby and in front of staff and other guests kept saying the same thing. Surely a hotel like Radisson can deal with issues like these more discretely and keep track of how many cycles have been rented out. One staff member told me a path was closed when it clearly led to the sea facing restaurant. I had to keep repeating the room number when using the pool and beach. I understand giving the room number for the restaurant or other services, but when we are clearly staying in the property, why ask for the room number when using the beach or pool, that too multiple times. For the breakfast buffet, staff would tell guests that it was self service and a few moments later the same staff member could be seen bringing food to a another table. A senior citizen was traveling with us, but we were still allotted a room at the very end of the resort, where it was tough for her to walk to the room. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel for reasons stated above. Staff should be trained to deal with guests uniformly and treat them better, otherwise it spoils the whole experience. Security should be present but unobtrusive. Overall a bitter experience.

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team here at the Radisson BLU Temple bay, we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. I have also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken as soon as possible.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back and assure you our best services at all times.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is a very big resort and we were very lucky to stay in the closest bungalow to the beach. Great sea view .
The room is very spacious and well maintained and clean. The only problem is when the a/c is on maximum it provokes condensation on the floor .
There are 2 swimming pools , the smaller one is near the beach and has a nice sea view, but too many crows !!
The Seafood Restaurant near the beach is good without beeing excellent.
Breakfast is very good with a great variety .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Elangor, Director Operations at Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram, responded to this review, July 21, 2013

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A fine saturday evening with a bubbly mood we entered this resort..been here many times in the past but my stay being the first time now, the occassion being my in laws silver jubilee anniversary, they were stunnned on seeing the beauty of the pools and landscaping..
And then after a long wait we had got a pool villa for a hefty price but ok as long as it is a five star service.
We entered the room, it was awesome and then I realized as the dusk broke my pool lights were not working, my jacuzzi was not working too, I had called those in charge but what a louzy response I had to fix them up, finally they said I gotta adjust with the pool lights as it wouldnt function for the night, so I had to stay in the dark outside my room..
To reach the restaurant for a table booked at 8 was finally done at 9, thanks to the shuttle vehicle's express response.
I had a pleasant surprise on returning to room, my aircon was not working at 11 pm, got it fixed by 12pm.
Lovely housekeeping service came an hour later to fix my extra bed which I had asked for.
On day 2, to add kerosene to the burning fire, my ceiling started to leak apparently due to leakage from ac duct, room literally got flooded and we had to call them again but in vain, had to eaze my heart to the manager in charge who took his sweet time to attend to my complaints...
Overall an horrible experience of the stay, especially for a hotel which claims to be a 5 star.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team here at the Radisson BLU Temple bay, we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. I have also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and will ensure that corrective action is taken. I have taken up the issue of the air condition and light issues with my Engineering team and we will ensure such issues do not repeat.

Mumbai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The property's clean and beautifully designed swimming pools alone make it worth the stay. The view of the ocean from the infinity pool is breathtaking and our 2-year old kids enjoyed watching the waves as they kicked around in their floats. Breakfast spread was outstanding. I found it very relaxing to lounge in the hammocks on the beach, with a book in hand and the sound of waves lapping against the shore in the background.

Room Tip: If you are traveling as part of a large family, try and get rooms within the same block. Else, it...

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Love the property and had a great time.However, if you are planning to celebrate any special occasion, it might not go as planned.The managers didnt take any interest or extra care to make the occasion special which is a general practice at any corner restaurants also.

Room Tip: Pool facing are great if you have kids.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir,

We do take additional care for special occasions for all the guests when we know in advance. I have taken up your feed back with my F & B manager and the entire team.

+919940422999

Been to Radisson BLU Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram? Share your experiences!