“Super nice” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Mahabalipuram
Type: Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The Apollo Book Club provides you novels, guides,Indian writing, philosophy in many different languages. Book Exchange &Tourist Information also possible.
Burhanpur, India
“Super nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

As a books lover I can only recommend Apollo Books! The choice is really well made and Apollo is an excellent bookseller, the kind that you will hardly find in your life. He will always give you the best advice if you don't know what to read and he is so friendly too.
One of the best bookstore I went in my life... and one very good friend in add!
We lived in Chennai for a while and use to have a big library close to our home, but we always came to Apollo to find what to read as he has a great choice of books!

Visited May 2014

Chenna
“A Gem in India.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I found a few little gems on my travels and Apollos Books for me is one of the best. Not just a bookstore, a wonderful place to meet people, to relax, read a book, chill out with a coffee and get some great advice from Apollo. Apollo is a great man, I had the pleasure of meeting his wife and two sons. Their friendliness, warmth, and kindness has blown me away. Apollos Books is a must visit if you find yourself in this part of the world, an absolute diamond!!

Visited March 2014
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Apollo's family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was traveling in India alone for six months
After a few months I got mamalapuram
And I was already used to business owners who want only money
And all the business of tourism,
And do not trust anyone.
Until I went to Apollo
There but books in all languages ​​that are arranged on shelves by subjects, all clean, and beautiful, and makes you feel like read even if you have not done it until that moment,
I found a family that was part of me for three wonderful months
So dear people gathered to see how books are getting the respect they deserve,
  And to feel at home so far :)

Visited December 2013
Seoul, South Korea
“Great Bookstore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Lovely bookstore with great owner Apollo. I love the vibe that this bookstore provides. Apollo treats the people with sincerity, and I felt that what he wanted was something much more than business. It's a must go when you want to meet new people and good books in various languages.

Visited February 2014
“Bookstore with temperature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Apollo Bookstore is the best, honest bookstore in SouthIndia, just near the beach. It is a comfortable, well-organized and clean place. I enjoyed the time with Apollo and his friend, Sanjay there, sharing interesting history about Mahabalipuram, and also a lot of good tourist information. Thank you Apollo.

Visited November 2013