I stayed at Riga Residency with 2 other friends on 30 & 31 Dec, 2011. I had not even considered this hotel while planning my Coonoor trip. It so happened that while trying to book another hotel in Coonoor, the ClearTrip customer care executive suggested Riga Residency. Riga's room rent was falling within our budget and hence we decided to book the room.
We asked for a room with a good view and the lady at the recepton was kind enough to give us one. We had opted for a Deluxe room which had 2 Beds and we asked for 1 extra bed. The room had basic amenities like TV with Tata Sky, Geyser, adequate lighting etc.
The drawbacks were, not exactly in the oder of significance, the room was sort of damp and the wall paint was about to peel off the wall. I think this dampness contributed to a different kind of smell in the room. My friends differ with me on this, though.
The worst experience was with the room service. I am not sure if lack of staff was the primary reason, but every food order we placed took more than an hour to be attended to, even a cup of tea! We placed an order for a plate of bread toast and eggs and the staff did not deliver even after 45 minutes. After about an hour, we called up the room service to find out the reason/to remind, only to be informed that they cannot deliver the items.
Also, noticed that most of the room service boys from Bengal. They need training on how to have conversation with the guests. The room boy who delievered our food after a long delay spoke as if the delay was because of our fault. Not at all courteous.
In my opinion, this place is not at all recommended for people who are looking for a pleasure trip to Coonoor.
Whatever I have mentioned is my experience and true as of 31st Dec, 2011. I did give the receptionist my feedback verbally while checking out. However, going by the receptionist's expression I am not at all hopeful about the issues being addressed by the management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riga Residency is renaissance of gracious hospitality. A star-class family-run hotel, it is the destination of choice for both business and leisure travelers. Perched on a hill-top, every room at the Riga Residency offers you spectacular views of the surrounding hills and valleys and the UNESCO Heritage Nilgiris Mountain Railway. Riga Residency's multi cuisine restaurant serves Indian, South Indian, Mugalai, Chinese & Continental dishes. We also have lawn-service, bar, and a banquet hall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook so you can book your Riga Residency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riga Residency Wellington
- Riga Residency Hotel Wellington