“A Spoiled Get together” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Salem
Cuisines: Indian
“A Spoiled Get together”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We visited this restaurant today for a get together after a long time, We ordered three dosas and one plate of chicken and an egg masala, We waited for an hour for the orders to be delivered and in the meantime I almost begged them many times to attend to our orders soon as it was getting late for our train. Finally after an hour we got our order and were shocked to know how we have been cheated in a tawdry manner. For egg masala, they have put eggs in chicken kurma and gave it us. The chicken was horrible and not properly cooked, When I asked them about this, they mentioned that you should have told us earlier then we would have changed it. How funny, They will cheat you, you have to identify and tell them that they have cheated and then they will provide good food and the sad part is I paid 100 Rs for the old chicken kurma they provided me telling me that it was egg masala. To sum up, these people are well dressed robbers who milk your money in terms of the so called Service they provide. Why can't food cell Police raid these theives?

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“The Best Biryani I have had in my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was spending a night in Salem en route to Madurai, and found this place through tripadvisor. The restaurant is clean and functional. It has a nice AC section towards the right.

Man oh man! What a Biryani, it was by far the best I have tasted in recent years. The rice was evenly and richly spiced, and blended with tender pieces of roasted pieces of boneless mutton. I could not believe that biryani could be this good. I ordered mutton masala as an accompaniment, which was also very good. The food here has a full body spicy taste, and not just high on chillies.

You have to stop by this place if you are passing through Salem. Trust me, you will love it. I already have requests for a few parcel orders from my friends to bring back to Bangalore.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Tamil Nadu, India
“Vinoth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

It is one of the Worst Restaurent in Salem.They dont have mannerism in Serving and food is highly quality and taste is worst.I simply suggest go to some normal hotel you will get better food.
--Vinoth

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangalore
“Authentic South Tamilnad fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Absolutely the best food in Salem. Start with the pepper chicken and fish fry for starters. The mutton biriyani is a must. The mutton just melts in your mouth. This is Dindigul biriyani at its best. The egg dosai was soft and fluffy and just unbeatable. No frozen stuff here. The meat and fish is all fresh. By Salem standards, the ambience was good and service excellent. Reasonably priced as well. A must visit restaurant in Salem.

• Visited February 2012