“Delightful Mother's Day lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Delightful Mother's Day lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I chose De Tuinkamer as I was late looking for a restaurant, and of course many local to Brussels were already booked. So I was a little curious to see how it would pan out. When we arrived (only one hour from south west Brussels), there were a lot of people making their way to the door, so I thought - oh dear maybe this is going to be a large busy place. I walked through the door and realized most of the people were going to the bakery, and restaurant was accessible via a separate door. Indeed the restaurant was upstairs but with a lovely garden (hence the name). The decor was really beautiful and restful. The service was exquisite as was the food. We had 9 appetizers with our champagne, while the chef prepared our menu. We had turbot with lobster and asparagus, and the bottle of German Riesling was excellent. I love their pproach to wine - constantly changing new wines, and a very interesting list. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lier, Belgium
“Sunday lunch @ De Tuinkamer ... something to look forward to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I, together with some friends, recently visited De Tuinkamer for a Sunday lunch. From the welcoming & aperitif until the closing coffee, the experience was great: nice people, friendly staff, nice ambiance (not to noisy!!), great food, good wine...

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Antwerp, Belgium
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The chef Dave de Belder from the Godevaart already advised us a few months back to check this out... Now they've been awarded with their 1st Michelin star after only being open for two years we had to go. And WOW this was spot on! Honest, correct, nice bites, everything was super well balanced, the cuisson for each dish was just perfect, and sometimes you forget how much difference this can make, really top top quality! The only little minor point was maybe too many rounds of sweets at the end... it almost made you forget how great the rest was! We will be back! And btw also props for the Sommelier and the rest of the team! hats off!

• Visited November 2011