“Dusseldorf (Weeze) Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kevin's Pub Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weeze
Kevin's Pub Guesthouse
Wasserstr. 50, Weeze, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Weeze B&B and Inns
Bermuda
“Dusseldorf (Weeze) Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

After numerous hours searching on the internet for a stop-over location between Weeze (pronounced Veet-ser) Airport and Dusseldorf City I finally came across this charming B&B/pub called Kevin's Pub in the village of Weeze.

As like most TripAdvisor visitors I like to do my research and I wanted to share my experience of this B&B. My husband and I needed to catch an early morning flight (0630) from Weeze Airport. This was a perfect stop-over.

I rate this B&B as excellent for the following reasons:

1. 10 mins drive from Weeze village to Weeze Airport;
2. Professional, welcoming hosts;
3. Comfortable rooms with private bathroom or shared facilities - the rooms are located in a separate building from the pub, so it is quiet;
4. Reasonable room rates; and
5. Efficient taxi service (just ask Kevin for bookings).

We actually arrived really late on our first night to Weeze aiport and had to wait over an hour for the next scheduled (0000) shuttle bus/coach to the city.

If I was to do this trip again, I would highly recommend catching the airport shuttle mini bus/taxi to Weeze village staying the night at Kevin's Pub and getting a train to Dusseldorf the next day. The train station is a 5 minute walk and trains run every 1/2 an hour to the city.

Weeze Village: A quaint and friendly little village with some local retail, a handful of restaurants, a diner, a supermarket, a couple of cafes, bakers and convenience stores. Kevin's pub backs onto a pretty river.

Dusseldorf City's highlight - The Old Town (Altstadt) for it's many, many diverse restaurants/bars/cafes/pubs/beer halls - you are spoilt for choice!! Recommended Beer Hall: Zum Uerige - sample the local brew (Altbier, a dark and semisweet beer typical of Düsseldorf) and traditional German bar food. Grab a seat at any table - be prepared to share as it is very popular and within a few minutes you will be served by one of the burly German waiters. They will make sure your glass never runs dry!!

• Liked — Friendly host and location to Weeze Airport
  • Disliked — The beds and floor boards were a little creaky - we were told they will be doing some renovations soon.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)

Been to Kevin's Pub Guesthouse? Share your experiences!