“Kicked of my Christmas with the Christmas Light Switch On in Langholm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eskdale Hotel

You added Eskdale Hotel to your Saves list
Eskdale Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Market Place | High Street, Langholm DG13 OJH, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Langholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Kicked of my Christmas with the Christmas Light Switch On in Langholm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Returned once again to the Eskdale hotel, this time for the Christmas Light Switch on which happens on the first weekend in December. It was a really great weekend made all the more special by my accommodation and access to excellent food.

Since my last visit they have upgraded to a super coffee machine and the christmas menu was mouth watering. My room was cosy and comfortable and very clean. Very Nice indeed.

Thank you to the Eskdale for making my weekend.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Telford Suite was worth the extra money. Very comfortable and spacious.
Green Features: I think it is important to be environmentally aware. Businesses have a responsiibility to ensure that guests also do their bit for the environment and these practices go a way towards this.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ely, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

At 1st sight it appears it might be a noisy place to stay ,seeing its so close to the A7. However during the 3 weeks I stayed there never had a bad nights sleep. Beds are very comfortable,and the staff more than helpfull and accommodating. The food is excellent. Had planned to stay on a weekly basis until March 2015. However having found a new job nearer home that wont be happening now. Should you be looking for somewhere to stay in this area you cant go wrong by staying at the ESkdale.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

Great location, right in the centre of town, the room was clean and warm so all good so far but after that it goes downhill......
We ate in the dining room but the meal was average - the acclaimed Ramsay black pudding starter was a real disappointment. But the real disappointment was the complete lack of atmosphere, apart from the lady at breakfast, the staff were unengaging and disinterested - indeed the only real smile was when we paid our bill!

Room Tip: I marked the hotel noise level as quiet, however if you are on the front of the hotel you are subjec...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
John G, Owner at Eskdale Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Gear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I am glad you found your room comfortable and the hotel to be clean.
We are all sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our black pudding starter, this along with the haggis tweeds is one of the most popular starters on our menu,
We were also disappointed to note that you felt our team were not engaging and that the hotel lacked atmosphere, this is very unusual as our team pride themselves in doing all they can to deliver the very best guest experience that they can.
I would be very interested to talk to you, to better understand what you felt we could have done to make your stay more memorable and I would be happy if you can either call me on 01387380357 or email me at enquiries@eskdalehotel.co.uk.
Once again thank your for your feed back and I look forward to you contacting me to discuss your stay.
Kind Regards
John
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I visited here for work and stayed for 2 nights and I was constantly amazed at the warm and friendly nature of all of the staff here. The breakfast was delicious with freshly cooked croissants and a nice choice of cooked options.
The rooms are huge, warm and clean with equally large bathrooms.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in or near langholm as I was amazed at the service that was provided.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Great place to stay , very clean, excellent service from the managers and staff .The breakfast and food from a-la-carte menu as well was excellent. We really enjoyed the stay at this hotel and we strongly recommend it!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

As part of our anniversary weekend. My Girlfriend booked the Telford suite here. It was lovely what you would expect from a suite. The Bed was really comfy and was nice to spend it there. You had to book your evening meal if you wanted the dining menu or you could go to the public bar. I ordered the Fish and Chips which was nice. Breakfast is between 7-9:30. We went at 9 and got a full breakfast which was made to order but it didnt have tattie scone. All in all. it was nice and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kirkcudbright, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Stayed at the Eskdale so that we could enjoy an evening's concert at the Buccleugh Centre in Langholm. Great location meant we could walk to and from the concert. Lovely surrounding countryside looked inviting for walks.Warm, comfortable and friendly hotel. Lovely, clean, spacious room with a large comfortable bed and nice and airy. Staff were kind and helpful and went the extra mile to ensure our stay was relaxing. We really appreciated the snack the manager offered after the restaurant had closed when we returned from the concert. Delicious breakfast, warm service and comfortable dining room. The hotel was very well cared for and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: First floor , large spacious room and very quiet
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Eskdale Hotel? Share your experiences!