“New managers are generally maintaining the standards” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Winnersh, null, United Kingdom
“New managers are generally maintaining the standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I am a regular at this pub and was slightly fearful that the young couple who have taken over in the last month would not be able to maintain the high standards that Roberto and Luana maintained for their food. I think that Luke & Grace are a hard working, enthusiastic and professional couple, but their attention to detail is slightly lower than previously. I did have cause to make one complaint (hence not a 5-star rating), but it was handled properly, courteously and without any rancour. I would rather give an immediate, honest critique and feedback to those responsible so that they can improve and my opinion was received in this manner

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Reading Berkshire UK
“New Owners Still Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We went for an evening meal and met the new owners Grace and Umberto who now run this pub/restaurant.

The menu is excellent and there is such a lot from which to choose.

We started with freshly cooked soda bread with herb butter..NumNum

Carole had a superb burger, Simon had Lasagne and I had Chicken Milanese.

They have a wide range of quality wines.....C and S had red, I had white.

We rolled home well happy !!

If we had stayed there was a Karaoke !!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reading, United Kingdom
“Lunch with friend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have been a regular here since Roberto and Luana took over the restaurant and have been very impressed with the food. Especially since Roberto was always happy and ready to make modifications to the menu for me (being a fussy wotsit where food is concerned). So, I was very surprised when I went on Friday (after a break of 3-4 weeks, a long break for me) to find it under new management and the menu quite changed. Where had all the wonderful seafood pasta gone and the red pepper tart/pheasant? ! Anyway, I chose the salmon and atlantic prawn salad with the marie rose on the side. The salad was ample and the prawns fresh, not defrosted. Very enjoyable it was too. My friend had Luana's stew which went down a treat. I will go back but not as frequently as the menu selection is more restricted for what I like to eat. Shame as it is local. I wish it well. The burgers ordered by others looked amazing but not my cup of tea so to speak.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
leicestershire
“Excellent food - particularly chocolate brownie with sauce and fruit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Convenient and very friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay.

Visited June 2012
Todmorden, United Kingdom
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was ok. Bedrooms ok but need updating. Bathroom grotty, with hardly any room around the toilet, and the shower grossly underpowered. Restaurant was ok, but very expensive. Good breakfast and friendly staff.
Would only go back if I really had to.

Visited June 2012