“The Holiday Inn for all other UK Holiday Inns to emulate” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wharfedale Road | Reading, Winnersh, Wokingham RG41 5TS, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Winnersh
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“The Holiday Inn for all other UK Holiday Inns to emulate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We booked two rooms for two nights with a Spa package for one of the rooms. The hotel was extremely helpful and understanding when I asked if we could share the treatments between my daughter and her mother despit having different rooms. Also the restaurant was very helpful about the included 3 course dinner and we were able to sort out our 4 dinners without any problems. The restaurant was excellent, by far the best value and best food I have had in a Holiday Inn. I have stayed at many across the UK on business and leisure and have so often found the food poorly cooked and presented and way over priced. The staff in the restaurant, particularly Adrienne, were extremely helpful and catered for the needs of my 11 month old grandson admirably. We did eat very early but even so the staff were busy preparing for quite a large number of Christmas parties but still made sure we were well attended to. I am reliably informed the spa treatments were enjoyable and my daughter had a manicure on the last day and found the manicurist very professional but also very friendly and helpful. The pool and its surrounds are lovely, one small criticism would be the steam room smelt very musty, perhaps a clean of the steam generator would help? The rooms are large and inviting however the windows, at least in our room, quite small, however that may be an advantage of keeping any external noise down. The rooms seem to be well insulated for noise but perhaps a bit too warm for many people but fine as far as we were concerned. The bathroom toiletries are basic but adequeate for our needs. My daughter asked for a shower cap and razor for my son-in-law as he had forgotten his, although they had a shower cap no razor could be found.The very close proximity of the railway station and 25 minute journey into London makes it a cheap alternative to staying in London. I realise this is a fairly new, purpose built hotel but it is definately a standard that all Holiday Inns should aspire to. I doubt that many would be able to beat it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

523 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed one night on business. It is in an industrial estate and yards from the client and just off the M4 Motorway. Car park underneath the hotel which is free for residents.
A colleague had recommended the hotel having stayed there and he reckoned it was one of the best Holiday Inns.
He did not eat there.
On arrival every thing very smart , modern and clean. Room perfectly acceptable and given I was on my own I decided to have room service. They seemed to be very keen on the Indian /Thai selection which was more than the standard hotel 'curry'. Whilst it was not the best Indian meal I have eaten it was acceptable and on balance better than most you may get on a room service menu. At around £25 including tray charge for poppadums &pickle followed by some type of chicken tikka then lamb jalfrezi it was all fine.
Breakfast was a very very poor affair. It had not been included in my room rate and when I came to sign the bill it added insult to injury to have to pay £15 for what I can honestly say was something worse than a little chef. At least a little chef has some flavour (normally pretty poor) This breakfast was not bad tasting but rather it had no taste. I ate at around 6.40 am and there were two or three others already in. Normal 'buffet' style and it looked very reasonable and standard. Sausages (two types including a cumberland) which was about the only thing that tasted of anything apart from the baked beans. Given that i was one of the first to eat the breakfast it looked tired even then . Scrambled eggs were tasteless and dry, bacon had that dreadful white gunge on the top where it has been 'pumped' full of water - another reason for no taste with mushrooms that looked like they had been boiled rather than fried. Hash browns that tasted of fat ( I suppose that was what reminded me of the Little Chef chain). The worst of the lot was the black pudding. I appreciate that butchers make them to their own secret recipe and that not everyone is keen on them but this one was so lacking in any taste that after one bite I gave up. Not nasty just ... nothing. It was bland and lacking even in seasoning.
What a let down.
Will I stay there again? yes nice accommodation and excellent location for the client but there is no way that I will pay £15 for what was basically tea and toast for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CBB99, General Manager at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest

We are very grateful to you for choosing our new hotel on the recommendation of your colleague very kindly recognised us as the best Holiday Inns in the UK. We are very proud to have been nominated precisely in this category by Intercontinental Hotels Group and thank you for your recognition in this regard which is most appreicated.

I apologise that the breakfast offering was not entirely to your liking. I was rather surprised by your comments as all our breakfast is freshly prepared on a daily basis and we generally receive very positive feedback from our guests in this regard. Had you mentioned any of these comments during your stay it would have been our pleasure to make you an a la carte breakfast order precisely to your satisfaction, as we do so for any guests within the breakfast rate. I would also like to recommend that you pre book breakfast at time of booking as you will only have to pay £ 10 for the extensive full English breakfast offering that we provide . We also provide a wonderful selection of alternate breakfast offerings in our Monty's Lounge Bar from just £ 4.50 should this be of interest.

We are most appreciative that you were impressed with the modern design of our new property and the very clean standards. We are pleased you enjoyed our authentic Indian offering which is not only available as part of our extensive room service offering, but also very popular in our Lounge Bar and Restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Reading.

Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed for 1 night as part of a coach group.
This is one of the newer Holiday Inn hotels and the rooms and public areas were very modern, bright and clean. The staff were also very polite and well trained. The buffet breakfast and evening meal were excellent. The only negative comment was the staggering price of drinks, a bottle of standard house wine was over £18 and all of the passengers complained about the drinks prices.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing the new Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10 for your recent stay .

We are most appreciative to you for taking the time to recognise our wonderful new accommodation and public areas and our high standards of cleanliness.

I apologise that you felt our wine prices were on the high side. We offer an extensive wine list and the majority of wines are priced between £ 18.00 - £ 22.00 and include international Gold & Silver medal winners offering our guests some exceptional wines.

We are also very grateful for your lovely feedback about your particular enjoyment of our breakfast and evening meal in our 2 AA Caprice Restaurant and the attentiveness and politeness of our staff.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and wish you all the best for the festive season

Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here with my family over the summer and had a great time with outstanding service from all the staff and enjoyed the food very much. I have to say though, the thing that really stood out for me was the world-class massage that I received from Mohamed, who works in the spa. From the moment I walked through the door I was given a warm friendly welcome and made to feel very comfortable. I left there feeling the effects of the massage for several days afterwards....he is that good that I had to return for another massage. It was a last minute decision on my part and thought he may not be able to accommodate my request, but I was really impressed with his customer service and 'can-do' attitude to see me at such short notice and even suggested I use the sauna straight afterwards to make the massage more effective. I think I even delayed him in finishing his shift but all I got was a smile and felt nothing was too much trouble.

Mohamed is truly an asset to this hotel with his fantastic personality, impressive knowledge and mastery of body massage - thank you so much, Mohamed, for a refreshing, invigorating and unforgettable experience! I shall definitely return again...

Mani

Room Tip: We had an inter-connecting room and found it very spacious and suitable for a family stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderful review following your recent stay and in particular for recognising the committment and exceptional therapeutic skills of Mohamed in our Esprit Fitness & Dermalogica Spa.

We are most appreciative of your lovely feedback which has been shared with Mohamed and the rest of the team and which is truly motivational.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Booked this hotel for one night whilst visiting our daughter at Reading Uni and would definitely use again and recommend. The hotel is very convenient for the University being only around 3 miles away without the need to get across town. The staff were welcoming, friendly and professional and the room was modern and clean. We didn't have an evening meal but the breakfast was good. The hotel is on the edge of a business park and although near the M4 junction you wouldn’t know it as it was very quiet. This hotel is certainly worth consideration if planning a stay in Reading.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
“Holiday Inn Reading J10 M4”

Dear Highly Valued Guest

We were really pleased to have received your lovely review today.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experiences and recognising our convenient location , the friendliness of our team, the excellent quality of our breakfast and the comfort and superb design of our accommodation. I really recommend youto try our wonderful 2 rosette Caprice Restaurant on your next stay as you will be equally impressed with our superb food offering.

We are grateful you have discovered our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when you are next visiting your daughter at Reading University,

Ceprano, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and found the hotel to be very comfortable. The room was big and nicely furnished, and free parking was provided. Having booked and paid ahead online we got a very good rate, especially considering the quality of the hotel. The level of service and professionalism displayed by all the staff we encountered was exceptional. The only slight negative for us was the lack of restaurants nearby. Breakfast at the hotel was a bit pricey but there was no other option within walking distance, at least on the weekend. Train station is a few minutes walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Many thanks for choosing our new 4 star hotel for your recent stay.

We are very appreciative of your taking the time to share your positive experiences regarding how much you enjoyed the highest levels of comfort we offer throughout the hotel and the large size of your room and high standards of interior design and furnishing.

We are also very pleased you enjoyed the complimentary underground parking we offer all our guests, and the exceptional levels of service and professionalism displayed by our staff. Your wonderful feedback in this regard has been shared with the team and is truly motivational for them when their efforts are recognised.

I would like to clarify that we have various breakfast offerings at our hotel ranging from a full Englsh Breakfast in our Caprice restaurant for £10pp if pre booked, to a lovely continental breakfast or a variety of other breakfast offerings from £ 5.95 in our Monty's Lounge .

Once again many thanks for sharing your positive experiences. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the very near future.

Best wishes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Had my wedding at the Holiday Inn in November. Thanks to the staff at the hotel it was a PERFECT day. Food was amazing and the rooms extremely comfortable. The event ran so smoothly and all staff were extremely helpful.

Definately use the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012
First of all our CONGRATULATIONS to you both on your marriage and thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your special day.

As the first couple to be married at the hotel following our recently having attained 2 AA rosettes, we are really thrilled you and your wedding guests enjoyed the food and the standards of service so much.

We are delighted that you found all the staff at the hotel so helpful and that you had the perfrect day.

We hope to see you both for our Christmas Day 5 course luncheon with resident pianist, or our Gala Dinner Dance on New Year's Eve

Best wishes to you both in your married life together

Regards

Been to Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct10? Share your experiences!