“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Long Ji One Hotel

You added Long Ji One Hotel to your Saves list
Long Ji One Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ping'an Stockade, Ping'an Village, Heping Country, Longsheng County 541701, China   |
Ranked #3 of 51 Hotels in Longsheng County
4.5 of 5 stars 119 Reviews
London
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

this is the nicest place weve stayed in so far. Rooms are a little like a,swiss chalet but with views like,nowhere else ive seen. Good wifi, clean, nice meals, a little chilly (its a wet november and theres no heating) but a place i would undoubtedly reccomend

• Stayed November 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at LongJi One this summer. I was on my honeymoon and our stay was wonderfull. It's run by a family and you can feel the warmth when you arrive. The food is good, but the breakfast would get a bit boring if you stay long. I'd rather have chineese food than western style. But I'm pretty sure that if i would ask, they would arange me something.
The water is indeed inconsistent but you have to keep in mind where you are.
The dining area is very cosy, be sure to try the crysantium tea.
We did a hiking path that crossed 2 villages. The first part is easy to find, but after the second village, it might get a bit confusing where to walk. We were lucky as there was a english speaking tourguide that we followed. Be sure to take proper rain clothing, we were soaking wet. But to be honnest, i enjoyed every single moment of the hike. The views are spectacular.
On arival we ate at the last village then took a mini van back to Longi One. Oh one more tip, if you see locals trying to sell you a guide or food at there house, and you don't want that, just send them away. But keep in mind that if you don't have some sat nav or something you might
get lost in the second part of the trail. (I knew I would have).
The room not to lare, but it has a pretty large bed. Trust me besides sleeping you don't want to stay in your bed too long. Spend as much time as possible enjoying the landscape.
The only harder part was to find the place. Keep in mind that in Guillin there are 2 bus stations and in our book they only mentioned one. You can take a bus ride from the one station to the other, it's cheap. I still find it confusing as on their website they say busses run from the Railway station, but when i was showing Ping An to the mini van drivers, no one could help me out. I recommend you to contact the hotel for instructions.
Conclusion: If you're going to Guillin, you realy should go and check PingAn village out and do the hike on the rice terraces and stay at Longi One, I'm pretty sure it's the best you can find there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Long Ji One Hotel in early October for 2 nights. On arrival to our room, we were met with the most stunning scene (see photo attached).

On arrival in Ping'An Village (via car + driver that Spring, the hotel owner, organised for us from Yangshuo), a porter met us and assisted us with directions to the hotel and was also able to help us with our bags. This turned out to be a real saviour, as there is a about 20 minutes of steady step-climbing. I tipped him 40RMB but he didn't seem to expect anything at all. He was so lovely!

Check-in was a breeze :)

There is a small restaurant in the hotel, where Spring and her mother organise delicious meals and drinks while you look out over the stunning views of the rice fields.

The room + bathroom were quite small, but with views like that, we did not care!

Highly recommended, we would definitely stay here again :)

Room Tip: Request a top corner room for the best views of the Longji Rice Fields :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at Longji One for 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay there. Spring and her family made me feel very welcome and relaxed and also helped with the travel arrangements to and from Guilin which all worked smoothly. If you want to experience a real taste of rural China with some fantastic scenery then I can really recommend a stay at Longji One. To get the best views of the terraces then you should request a top floor corner room which will provide you with an uninterrupted view across the hills. Be prepared that on some days the village can be shrouded in mist for hours at a time but dont let that stop you exploring the local countryside as the mist can quickly disappear and present you with some fantastic views. I can recommend the walk to Dahzai with a guide for 150 yuan which takes about 5 hours and provides an opportunity to see more of the area.
I only found out that Longji One has a website after I had arrived, the web address is http://www.zljyl.com/en/. Spring speaks good english so you can also contact her by email if you have any questions at 'liaochunnuan@163.com'.

I can thoroughly recommend Longji One and if I get the opportunity I will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

There are numerous guesthouses to choose from, and all are very inexpensive. Long Ji 1 is the most expensive I believe, but expensive in the context of the rice terraces is relative. We booked the best room, with windows on both walls, for less than a budget hotel in the states.

The views are incredible and from this room you can see both lookout points you walk to as well as views of the village itself. The building is newer, but constructed in the old style. Comfy bed, western toilet, coffee in room w hotpot, and some of the best views in the village. Why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: There are only two rooms with windows on both walls; try to book on of these. Shoot for the third fl...
Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is probably one of the best hotels in the village and we do recommend it, but we can only give it a 3 as it is a very sparse and simple hotel. Spring is very easy and fast to deal with via the internet in setting up your reservation, as well as she is very friendly and helpful in person. It is a clean hotel. The rooms are small, but have a magnificent view. They do not make up the room if you stay a few nights. The bathrooms are a bit challenging because they are all in one shower/sink/toilet. The water is very inconsistent and we had to take a few cold showers. The electricity also went out each day, one time for 40 minutes. But you have to keep in mind this is rural china and all these difficulties are common to all places in the village. Breakfast is simple and the lunch/dinners we are were tasty and inexpensive. We do recommend Longji one.

Room Tip: If you can get the corner room - it is a magnificent view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great hostel, very basic though but has all you would need and very inexpensive, I would definitely recommend it. Wi-Fi internet is available, downstairs canteen serves simple food, but it's good and cheap. You have to pay in cash for everything. Hostel staff spoke good English and were quite helpful. Also, make sure you bring your soap, shampoo and a towel (a small roll of toilet paper was available). The hotel is a bit of a hike from the front gate, but there is always a bunch of locals ready to help you with your bags (they want 30 RMB for it). It's located in Ping'An village and it's kind of tricky to get there from Guilin.

At Guilin airport I was told by tourist information that a direct shuttle service to Ping'An has been discontinued (not sure if I got it right though) so they recommended taking an airport bus to the city, then taking a taxi to the bus station and taking another but to Longsheng. Tell the bus driver "Ping'An", he will drop you off at an intersection (takes about 2 hours to get to the intersection, don't know the name of it though), the locals are always nearby, tell them "Ping'An" and they'll show you where the bus stop is. There's no bus service after 5 pm so make sure you get to that intersection before that time. Also, on your way back, if you're flying out of Guilin the same day, make sure you have plenty of time before your flight, we got stuck on the road because of a serious accident ahead of us and lost at least 1.5 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a "European" toilet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Long Ji One Hotel? Share your experiences!