“GREAT” 5 of 5 stars

585 7150
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 12 restaurants in Savaneta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Lexington, Massachusetts
“GREAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place is one of the better seafood places in ARUBA but it is a little out of the way - do not let that deter you from going even if you have ot take a taxi. The setting is superb and is the grandfathr of all the sit by the sea and enjoy the sunset places. It has been in business for over 25 years. The food here is very good and is prepared with a great deal of local love. The service is almost pampering but not intrusive and the prices are quite modest. To sit in th restaurant and watch the sunset and the fish swimming around the is truly enjoyable and teh fact that there are few if any bugs (unlike many other sit be the sea pplaces) make this a truly enjoyable dining experience, Finally, the clincher for this place is the people who work here - especially the owner -he is an ardent advocate of ARUBA and has participated in much of its development. He is a fascinating person to talk to and the opportunity to do that, if nothing ese, justifies a trip to this place. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED HERE - GO.

Visited February 2012

76% Recommend
Lumberton, New Jersey
“"Dinners Beware"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

If your a tourist, some things you should know before going here to eat. I had a coupon from the I Love Aruba book, stating one free glass of wine. When I presented the coupon to the waiter he inform me that I had to buy an appetizer and an entree in order to use this coupon. No where on the coupon did it say that. When the check came I was charge for the glass of wine. I spoke to the manager and he credited me for the wine. I also ask him why I had to purchase an appetizer and an entree in order for this coupon to be valid. He told me that the coupon was from an old book and they had change their policy, funny the book was dated summer 2012. I then stated to him if that is the new policy, then it should be visiable for the customer to see when they check in at the reception area.

In addition they charge a 10% service charge which is on the very top of the check, most places its on the bottom. Also charge a 2% BBO tax, which is caculated with the 10% service charges. They are entiled to charge you a service charge and BBO tax. To my knowledge the bbo tax is 1 1/2%. After you give them your credit card, and they return the dinner check is no longer there, except for the credit card recipt for you to sign. On the bottom of the recipt is a tipping guide starting at 15% thru 25%. I notice every restaurant that charges a service charge removes the actuall dinner receipt. Why do they do this? 10% service charge, 2% bbo tax, and a 20% tip equalls to 32%!! Not a bad little piece of change. So if you want to pay an additional 32% on top of your bill go and visit. The ambience is very nice. The food is average.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Savaneta
“Fantastic location, very average food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I looked forward to going here with my dad who is a huge seafood fan too.
He and I were disappointed with our mains.
I had grilled shrimp, I ended up with 6 already peeled shrimp in the middle of the plate with a little garnish and a scoop if mash.
When serving shrimp you have so many options for presentation, they did not use any of them.
I don't think I will be visiting again. Shame

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Oranjestad, Aruba
“Best sea food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Whenever I like to eat the best seafood on the island, I go to Marina Pirata. I always found the food excellent, the service is great and the atmosphere is fantastic. We like sitting outside on the deck at the waters edge watching the stars and the huge fish swimming around you. Romantic atmosphere

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Unbeatable Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Marina Pirata is located in what appears to be a house that was consumed by the water. What is left of the house acts as the kitchen, while the seating area is on a deck that was built over the calm waters of Savaneta. We pulled in after the Carrubean Festival in San Nicholas and although it was close to closing time, they were willing to accommodate us. I slipped some money to the folks in the kitchen to show them my appreciation for staying opened for us, and made sure to tip the wait staff accordingly too. We only ordered some ceviche conch appetizers and it was fresh and delicious. We have eaten full meals there in the past and were always happy. The location is one of the best on the island, and it is a hidden gem, in what has become my personal favorite part of Aruba.

• Visited July 2012