“Way Way overpriced..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Savaneta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
NJ
“Way Way overpriced..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife wanted to go here last year but we never made it. I wish I could say the same thing this year. Nice place ( you almost have to get lost to find it) nice view but just average food at RIDICULOUS prices. Crappy overpriced drinks @ $9.00 in TINY glasses. The view at Sunset was nice but the food was nothing spectacular. My wife said the dutch oysters were amazing... this would have been a better review if she wrote it. My sirloin steak was nothing great but $34 for an average (at Best) steak ....C'MON! We won't be back next year... If you don't rent a car this can be a REAL expensive dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“an ideal dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We heard about The Flying Fishbone from friends. We suspected it would be hard to get in without a reservation, but since it was a bit before the high season started, and it was a bit late in the evening, we ventured in without a reservation. We received a warm welcome and we got a table on the beach near the building. While we were having drinks and awaiting our appetizers, the maitre d' came to our table and asked if we would like to move to a table closer to the water. A table had become vacant and I suspect there were no more diners expected that evening. It is the first time I've ever been in a restaurant where a prime table opens up and I've been asked if I would like to improve my seat. Very impressive!

The table near the water was truly superb; it was a beautiful night, and the lights from the restaurant lit the blue sea. Truly something out of a dream.

So the setting is ideal. What about the service and the cuisine? The wait staff was gracious, accommodating, efficient and friendly. The cuisine was outstanding. The finest restaurants in New York City could do no better than Flying Fishbone.

If you visit Aruba, I would highly recommend you pay a visit to Flying Fishbone. It may very well be the dining highlight of your vacation.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Best place for a romantic dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Beautiful location for a romantic dinner! Most of the tables are located in the sand near or in the water. We were warned that the mosquitos could be bad so we used the bug spray that was provided and did not have a problem. The fresh fish was excellent. We shared a caesars salad which was just okay. The creme brulee was a perfect way to end a memorable dinner!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“No joke, best meal ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This gem was recommended to my girlfriend and I by the concierge at the Marriott where we were staying. We chose to make a reservation on the day that we rented a jeep to drive around the island because otherwise it would have been a $40 cab ride both ways to get there from the resort area. We made an early reservation (recommended) at 5:00 pm so that we were there for sunset. We showed up just as the restaurant was opening which was not a problem as we could have a drink at the bar and wanted to take photos of the restaurant as soon as we got there. It's an amazing and unique layout half under cover/inside and the other half reaching all the way out into the water. Getting there that early also guaranteed us one of the premier seats in about a half foot of ocean. They provide a shoe caddy so your footwear doesn't get wet so we hung our shoes and got the dinner underway. Our server, Apple, was amazing and catered to our every need. He knew we wanted to take our time so he took lots of time between taking our drink order and out dinner order. He also happily took pictures of us with the sunset backdrop. I had the flying fishbone martini which was uniquely served in a stemless martini glass floating in an ice water fishbowl to keep it chilled (amazing). My girlfriend had a mojito which was also unbelievably good and fresh. We split a cold seafood appetizer platter that was fantastic and then I had the catch of the day (barracuda) and she had the lobster tails. Both were to die for. We skipped dessert. The prices were extremely reasonable given the experience but could get a bit pricy with a few more drinks and a bigger group. There were lots of other couples including two that were celebrating their honeymoon. There were a few larger parties that had children and I would definitely recommend it more for a couple rather than a family but the families had a good time too. After the sun went down the ocean was floodlight illuminated and some interesting fish and even an eel could be seen by the light of the lamps. Some crabs were encroaching on our dinner a little bit but Apple was happy to shoo them away for us. Absolutely amazing and I will go back when I visit Aruba again (hopefully soon).

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bring your bug spray”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This was quite an interesting dining experience. We opted to not sit in the water. Thank goodness. We watched as tables and chairs ( and people) began to sag in the sand as the tide came in. The food was pretty good. Eat the fresh catch if you can. Lots of Mosquitos here, though. You can use their bug spray by the restroom if you need to, because you will need it. Also, the fish jumping out of the water is very entertaining, even the fools throwing food in the water for the fish were amusing. But most amusing were the neighbors swimming in the water in the dark while you were dining. So if weird and unusual dining is what you seek-this is for you.